Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I delete a false step reading?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

18000 Steps recorded in an instant. a false blimp!!   How do I delete this false record? Otherwise all the stats are skewed and charts don't have right scales etc in the dashboard and in  the trends/ Do I have to delete all data and start a new history?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity/format 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Rover53 and welcome to the Help forum.  I see that you are a new user.  Many users are reporting that they are getting large numbers of steps or large numbers of floors in an instant, just like you.  There is a way to use the app to log this section of time as driving.  Users who get a lot of steps while driving or riding in a bus do this.  As a long time user, I have never done this and have a different recommendation.  Ignore it and move on.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Rover53 and welcome to the Help forum.  I see that you are a new user.  Many users are reporting that they are getting large numbers of steps or large numbers of floors in an instant, just like you.  There is a way to use the app to log this section of time as driving.  Users who get a lot of steps while driving or riding in a bus do this.  As a long time user, I have never done this and have a different recommendation.  Ignore it and move on.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great- I worked it out.  In Settings go to "manage data" I was able to delete the steps for that day only . Then I created a new activity on that some day for that day and entered with the correct number of steps ( previously recorded number  less the blimp number) .  Now all the trends, weekly numbers and other data points are correct. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

By any chance @Rover53 do you have Mobile Track enabled in the fitbit app on your phone. 

Several users have had the experience of Mobile Track giving them 100,000 steps within in a 15 minute period. 

You should only have to log driving for the time period that these false steps where recorded. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rover53   I hope your extra steps are a one and done experience.  Manually added steps don't count towards lifetime step and distance badges.  Manually adding once isn't a big deal.  Anyone who adds steps many times will expect a badge, then not get it.

No fitness tracker is a scientific device.  Every piece of data that comes out is an estimate.  This is why I discourage micromanaging an account.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @Rich_Laue   yes I do have Mobile Track enabled   Thanks understand issue now. 

Update: @LZeeW   Thanks for your help. i appreciate the issue now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes