Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I only use my computer to see the uploaded information of my tracker?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't seem to get all the information on the dashboard website.  Is it really necessary for me to download and use the app on my phone to adjust all my settings and read all the information?   I want to read the sleep information, can't even find it.   Battery seems low after only 1 day,  I am going to recharge and re set up the whole thing again, see if that straightens things out.

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

You should be able to log in from the web page on your phone. 

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer

Maybe I didn't explain that correctly.   I don't want to use my phone at all,  I only want to read everything on the computer.    Is it completely necesssary to use the phone app to see everything?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just use my laptop and iPad to view, no app on them. 

Ihave the app on my phone to sync my data from my tracker. 

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer

Maybe if we knew the info that you want to see, we can help .

Sleep detail will be found in the sleep logslnot the dashboard. 

Sleep.com/sleep

You will need to install the Fitbit software on the phone or computer to be able the sync your data to your Fitbit account .

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer

Okay,  I have installed the software on my laptop.  I will have to go thru and recheck it, seems like something isnt right.  I dont need or want to use my phone at all to see any information,  only on the laptop.  I couldnt see anything before on the laptop, that's why I wanted to ask if the phone app was necessary.   If it's not, then I'm good and will figure it out on the computer.   Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Depending on the laptop and the operating system will determine if a Bluetooth dongle will be needed. 

Best Answer

That is probably the complication, with an older laptop of Toshiba satellite C55-A and windows 8.1 on it.   Everything else runs on it...  but the fitbit should still read it.  I will tinker with it on my next day off and see what happens.  Thank you so much, I do appreciate all the explanations.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your web browser will read anything that has been synced to your Fitbit app. 

You still need to sync the data from the tracker to your Fitbit account, this will require Fitbit Connect and a Fitbit Bluetooth dongle .

Best Answer

Yes, I will reload the connect software and the dongle was included, so I will try it again and see what happens.  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Cat72002. Welcome to the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm glad to hear that it's all clear now. If you have more questions, feel free to let us know!

PS. I'm moving your post to the Web dashboard board for categorization purposes.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes