Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I set my own challenges?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi I have my FitBit Charge HR synced with my iphone and laptop but use the phone app most, however I have set up a group for our work and we want to set challenges for ourselves etc?  Is this possible? Do I have to be friends with all the people to add them to our group?  What is the best way to manage, on phone or desktop?

Thanks

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @naomilaauli,

Welcome to the community!

You can set up a challenge on both your phone or even through the Fitbit App on your laptop provided you are running a recent version (Windows 8+) of Windows.  You can't establish a challenge from the Fitbit website.

That said, challenges have certain constraints:

• Limited to 10 people.
  • Have specific duration (day, workweek, or weekend).
  • Target most steps (or percentage of your goal).
  • You can only invite your Fitbit friends (though once joined, they may invite their friends).

You could also establish a Fitbit Group.  Each group has its own discussion group and leaderboard.

In my experience, the challenges are more interactive (and thus more motivating) and the groups are more persistent.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @naomilaauli,

Welcome to the community!

You can set up a challenge on both your phone or even through the Fitbit App on your laptop provided you are running a recent version (Windows 8+) of Windows.  You can't establish a challenge from the Fitbit website.

That said, challenges have certain constraints:

• Limited to 10 people.
  • Have specific duration (day, workweek, or weekend).
  • Target most steps (or percentage of your goal).
  • You can only invite your Fitbit friends (though once joined, they may invite their friends).

You could also establish a Fitbit Group.  Each group has its own discussion group and leaderboard.

In my experience, the challenges are more interactive (and thus more motivating) and the groups are more persistent.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Best Answer

Thanks so much for that, however I am using the iphone app but dont seem to see where I can set up challenges?  Could you help with that, also I have established a group but it only lets me track week or monthly steps etc. Is there a way you can see daily?  or at least highest day for the week?

Thanks again, also on the desktop app, i am not sure what version of Windows I am running but when I go to download it tells me I need to upgrade to Windows 10?  Is that correct?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @naomilaauli,

There is (or at least was) a version of the Fitbit App available on Windows 8.  You'll definitely need to upgrade if you're running Windows 7 (hint: the upgrade to Windows 10 is free from Windows 7).

That said, while I don't have or use an iPhone, I bet you can access it by tapping on the challenges icon on the bottom (see circled):

fitbit-challenges-on-iphone.JPG

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Best Answer