Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a Fitbit show power output over time?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm considering getting a Fitbit, but one feature I am interested in is to see power output. Like I can see for my house the power usage at any given time during the day.

I'd like to see, not just how much energy I burned. but how much power I used running vs walking etc. Like with my house I can see the kWh spike when the AC turns on and so forth. 

Like the average person can sustain 75 watt over an 8 hour shift. but produce bursts of power that exceed that for short periods of time. a cyclist can produce bursts of power in excess of a kW. 

Does Fitbit provide a chart that I can look at and see the power I produce over time? So I can see my average power and my peak power doing different things?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @grandpa2390!  Welcome to the Forums.

Fitbit will show you how much you have done through calories and activity. It will not show the amount of energy used but the amount of calories that you have burnt. 

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

@LanuzaFitbit

What's the difference? calorie is a measure of energy. specifically, it is the amount of energy required to raise a gram of water by one degree centigrade.

1 calorie is about 4.2 Joules.

1 calorie/second is about 4.2 watts.

Correct me if I am wrong. but burning calories is slang for using energy. 

So FitBit does measure and show the amount of energy used, that much seems to be clear. but my question was whether it showed the rate of energy consumption per unit of time (power).

I'm guessing based on this exchange that it doesn't. thank you for your help 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @grandpa2390.

You are correct, I was thinking more in line with kW since you posted like that. Maybe I got carried away after reading your post.

You get the total amount of calories burned for the day, and if you log an activity, manually or via the Fitbit, you will get the specific number of calories that you burned for that activity. 

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes