Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Close Ad at Top of Dashboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't close the ad at the top of the page, when I click on the one and only X on the right of the ad, it just opens another window to the Fitbit Store.  I am aware of the previous ad that had a trickster X within the ad, but this only has the one X.

I have tried clearing my cache, but that isn't working.

Help - it is really annoying!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@LesstoLose @dogenzenji, @SunsetRunner thank you for all the information you have provided. I've tried reproducing this and it seems to only happen under the UK locale, as @LesstoLose mentioned. By any chance, @dogenzenji, @SunsetRunner, do you happen to be under the UK locale as well? If you are in the UK locale and don't need to be, please go to the bottom of your Dashboard page and click "change" next to "United Kingdom". Additionally, please go into your settings page then visit your Personal Info and make sure your language settings are accurate. In the meantime, I am going to go ahead and escalate this to investigate further. 

Fitbit Community ModeratorSilvana | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40

Hopefully just a programming "oversight", but clicking the X is opening the ad page, not closing the ad.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Thanks, Eric

--- Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.
Flex (Christmas 2014), ChargeHR (Christmas 2015). Wife is using the Flex now! Nope, that Flex has died. Alta ordered 12/15/16 as Flex replacement. So far, she likes it. Nope, alta battery only lasts 2 days, started at 7. Support contacted 12/7/17. Hope warranty covers it.
Best Answer

I have not been experiencing this yet, @EricJRW.  I just tested it, and it closed the ad.

Best Answer

Thank you @USAF-Larry. Maybe it's time to clear my cache again.

Eric

--- Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.
Flex (Christmas 2014), ChargeHR (Christmas 2015). Wife is using the Flex now! Nope, that Flex has died. Alta ordered 12/15/16 as Flex replacement. So far, she likes it. Nope, alta battery only lasts 2 days, started at 7. Support contacted 12/7/17. Hope warranty covers it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't have any problem closing it on the dashboard, @LesstoLose. I am using Firefox. I just opened it in Chromium, and it closed as well. Not sure why yours would not close.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using Firefox, the latest update and also just tried it in Chrome,  it still won't close 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too. Very annoying. I do not want to light up the holidays that much.

There is no code generated client side for the close button.

Firefox, latest update.Capture.JPG

So I suspect a bug

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply - although I sympathise, I am glad it isn't just me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not seeing an ad at the top of my dashboard.

Dashboard.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EricJRW wrote:

Hopefully just a programming "oversight", but clicking the X is opening the ad page, not closing the ad.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Thanks, Eric

Yup, happens here too. Annoying.

Moderator Edit: Word Choice.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, it is happening to me and it is so annoying!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @LesstoLose! Hello @dogenzenji! Just like @USAF-Larry, I'm being able to close the add without any issues. 

Just like @USAF-Larry mentioned himself, I am not having any issues with closing the add.

It seems, however, that you need to hover the mouse over the 'center' of the image to get the little 'X' to show up. It should show to the upper-right of the 'Shop The Sale' button, in case your getting the Light up the Holidays ad.

My best suggestion would be to hover the mouse over the Shop The Sale button, if you do it should look like in the picture below.ad.PNG

@EricJRW Did clearing the cache do the trick for you? Please let me know.

@LesstoLose I just replied to your thread on the matter. Let me know if that helps.

@SunsetRunner, perhaps you could also check that post and see if it is of any help. I would also encourage you to try clearing the browser's cache, like @EricJRW mentioned. You can find instructions on how to do it in the 'Get help with the Fitbit Dashboard' post. The steps to do it should be under the general troubleshoots section.

Hope you find this information useful! Keep me posted on how it goes. Smiley Very Happy

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit wrote:

@SunsetRunner, perhaps you could also check that post and see if it is of any help. I would also encourage you to try clearing the browser's cache, like @EricJRW mentioned. You can find instructions on how to do it in the 'Get help with the Fitbit Dashboard' post. The steps to do it should be under the general troubleshoots section.

Be sure to keep me posted on the matter.

Hi @LanuzaFitbit,

Cleared the cache, I still end up in the shop if I click the X. Restarted Firefox for good measure, same issue. I even logged into the dashboard using Safari (for the first time ever, so no left-over state there) and guess what? Ended up in ye annoying shoppe again.

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply @SunsetRunner!

That's interesting. I would like to ask you to please take a screen shot and then post it here so that I can see exactly what is going on. If possible, please post the screen shot showing where the X appears. 

Look forward to continue assisting you.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

There you go: screenshot when the mouse pointer is on the X. I shrunk the browsert window vertically so the the Firefox link preview at the bottom is visible.Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 16.19.22.png

Best Answer

Tried that. Either the "Shop the Sale" overlay is too big and it is over the close button or the code generated by the server has no action associated with clicking the close. I guess the problem will resolve itself when your tech people replace the ad?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner @dogenzenji! Thanks for your reply and for that picture. 

I just tried it again myself and it gave me the same issue. What I did is to refresh the page a couple of times and it loaded a different ad, I was able to close that one. Let's try that!

Let me know if that does work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope, still the same issue.  I suspect it is affecting us here in Europe/UK.  Tried everything, just waiting for Fitbit to put up a new ad and hopefully they will have got it right.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LesstoLose @dogenzenji, @SunsetRunner thank you for all the information you have provided. I've tried reproducing this and it seems to only happen under the UK locale, as @LesstoLose mentioned. By any chance, @dogenzenji, @SunsetRunner, do you happen to be under the UK locale as well? If you are in the UK locale and don't need to be, please go to the bottom of your Dashboard page and click "change" next to "United Kingdom". Additionally, please go into your settings page then visit your Personal Info and make sure your language settings are accurate. In the meantime, I am going to go ahead and escalate this to investigate further. 

Fitbit Community ModeratorSilvana | Community Moderator, Fitbit
Best Answer

@SilvanaFitbit wrote:

@LesstoLose@dogenzenji, @SunsetRunner thank you for all the information you have provided. I've tried reproducing this and it seems to only happen under the UK locale. By any chance, do you happen to be under the UK locale? If you are in the UK locale and don't need to be, please go to the bottom of your Dashboard page and click "change" next to "United Kingdowm". 

Thanks @SilvanaFitbit, that works. My locale was set to "Nederland (english)", after changing it to United States the problem was gone. I have since changed it back to "Nederland (english)" and the ad is so far no longer shown.

Best Answer
0 Votes