Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change time because Dashboard won't let me re-enter my last name

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm flying home today and am sitting & cursing quietly in the airport trying to change the time zone in my profile so I can change the tracker.  On 2 different (Apple) mobile  devices using 2 different browsers (safari, iCabMobile)this happens:

In my personal info, my last name is blank.

nothing I do gets the cursor to go to that field so I can re-enter the data.

I can't change the time zone because saving fails because my last name is missing!

The tracker should take the time from the device it syncs with, imho.  Meanwhile how do I get around this??

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I finally fixed this by using a mac and therefore a mouse.  Even that wasn't simple because clicking on the field would immediately jump back to the first name field, just as it was doing on an iPad or iphone.  I had to click and HOLD in the field while typing a last name with my other hand.  So this problem has had nothing to do with not letting me change data previously entered. Something is wacko in the page code, as originally reported, and the result was being stuck  in European time for a day.

I'll let them know as a courtesy,  but Fitibit has been so unresponsive about the ridiculous necessity of an internet connection for time changes, alarm settings etc. that it's probably wasted energy.  Hopefully my workaround may be of help to some other victim of this glitch.

p.s.  I actually made a mistake typing my last name and I updated it  successfully 15 minutes later, no 50-day wait.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

You need to put something in the last name field like its telling you.

An Initial will do

Just make sure its what you want as it can not be changed for 60 days @strey

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for trying to help, but as I described in my original post, 

The. Page. Will. Not. Let. Me. Enter. Anything. In. The. Last. Name. Field.

Nothing can be typed into the field.  That is the problem!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contact support

http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

But like I said. it can't be. changed. for 60 day.s after the first .change

Good..luck.. to. you..

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally fixed this by using a mac and therefore a mouse.  Even that wasn't simple because clicking on the field would immediately jump back to the first name field, just as it was doing on an iPad or iphone.  I had to click and HOLD in the field while typing a last name with my other hand.  So this problem has had nothing to do with not letting me change data previously entered. Something is wacko in the page code, as originally reported, and the result was being stuck  in European time for a day.

I'll let them know as a courtesy,  but Fitibit has been so unresponsive about the ridiculous necessity of an internet connection for time changes, alarm settings etc. that it's probably wasted energy.  Hopefully my workaround may be of help to some other victim of this glitch.

p.s.  I actually made a mistake typing my last name and I updated it  successfully 15 minutes later, no 50-day wait.

Best Answer

Hi, I have this exact same issue, I'm away from home with a 5 hour time difference and have tablet and phone with me but sadly with no access to a PC with mouse so can't try the solution which worked for you, this means my Fitbit is pretty much useless right now and thrown in the bottom of suitcase - surely it shouldn't be so difficult to change a time zone for a holiday lol?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was a problem on my IPad.  I wanted to change stride length but it wouldn’t let me unless I entered my last name, BUT it wouldn’t allow anything to be typed in the last name box.  I went to our Mac and it allowed the change.  They need to fix the glitch with the iPad.

Best Answer
0 Votes