Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit activities anymore

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently replaced my Charge HR with a Charge 2, which allows you to quicky start an activity. However, the list of activities you can add to the quick start list is rather limited (i.e. in my case, I play soccer, which is available as a category but not on the quick start list), so I was using the generic "Workout" category and later would go to the app/website to edit the name. As of last night, the option to edit activities is no longer available - it will only allow me to edit auto-logged activities. I really don't see why you would want to remove that on purpose. Please bring this feature back.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Skyb1ue@rzouain! I can certainly see how being able to edit activities can be useful for situations like the ones you mentioned.

In this case I recommend that you visit the  'EDIT functionality' post in our Feature Suggestions board. You can vote for it or comment on it to show your support.

Hope to see you around the Forums!

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
30 REPLIES 30

I turned on tracking for my bike ride and forgot to turn it off when I finished.  Obviously, I can't see accurate info on my heart rate averages during my ride because it's taking into account all the time I spent driving home, etc. etc.  Why can't I edit this to show the actual time I finished?  Seems like such a simple thing.

I wish I hadn't let my 15-day return policy at Best Buy expire before deciding to return my FitBit--- it has so many bugs that I feel like it was a waste of money.  

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @rzouain and @Skyb1ue it's great to see you around. About editing activities, if the tracker automatically registered the exercise you can edit it by doing the following from a computer:

1. Go to http://www.fitbit.com/activities
2. Click the activity you want to edit. A yellow box should pop up.
3. Click the note pad icon and proceed to edit the duration, distance and/or start time, then hit the "Update" button. 

Now if you manually logged an activity you can't edit it, you have to delete it and enter it again.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Hi Alejandra, that doesn't help. As I stated in my original comment, I manually start the activities in my tracker to get more accurate steps/heart rate measurements. If I delete it and log it manually I'll lose all the heart measurement data. This feature was available until last week - I know because I have used it for almost 3 years now. Why was it removed? All I'm asking is for this feature to be brought back.

Best Answer

I also await a reply to rzouain's question.  It makes no sense: Manually starting the activity gives more accurate data, so that is the better option for recording an activity. Butit can't be edited (for instance, because you forgot to turn it off when you were finished with the activity).  IF we want to use the editing feature, we have to choose the poorer, less accurate option (auto detection).

Why was the editing feature removed for manually-started activities?

Moderator edit: Format.

Best Answer

Hello @Skyb1ue@rzouain! I can certainly see how being able to edit activities can be useful for situations like the ones you mentioned.

In this case I recommend that you visit the  'EDIT functionality' post in our Feature Suggestions board. You can vote for it or comment on it to show your support.

Hope to see you around the Forums!

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you - just did!

Best Answer

Hi @rzouain! Glad to see that you did! 

If you have any questions do not hestiate to let me know! Hope to see you around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not following.  There is no yellow box.  Clicking the activity just gives you details like heartrate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @jhamrock! I hope you enjoy your time in the Forums!

The edit functionality is no longer available on the Dashboard. I suggest that you visit this suggestion post and vote or comment on it to show your support.

Catch you later!

Best Answer

I did the same, continued tracking my walk while driving home. I followed these instructions but no yellow box appears. All I can do is delete the activity or view details. I used to have an edit option at the top, it's no longer there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stepping into the Community @tm2tc

Be sure to vote or comment on the suggestion I mentioned above. That way you can show your support for the editing feature.

Hope to see you around the forums! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is a lie to suggest that this problem is "Solved".

Best Answer

Hello there @jongoose! Welcome to the Forums.

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Keep in mind that Accepted Solutions are selected by other members of the Community. You can get more information on the 'About: Accepted Solutions' post. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for getting back to me.  I am aware that users mark the "Accepted solution".  What I am saying is that this then marks the post as "Solved" which is incorrect as the problem actually still exists.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all. Quick question: Can I edit the end time of my ride from earlier today?

I guess I didn't press the stop button firmly enough on my Surge when I got home and only noticed about 45 minutes later that it was still running. The resulting inaccurate data synced to my Strava 😞  

Fenix 5 Plus. Previously Ionic and Surge. Google Pixels 3 and 5. Aria. Chromebook. Deezer and Audible.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @pedris

In this case, it is not possible to edit that activity to change the end time of the ride. Since it was tracker by the Fitbit itself, it cannot be changed.

Thanks for your understanding. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The edit button (pencil icon next to the activity) is there on the Activities tab, I click on it, enter the correct activity (it always logs my lawn mowing as outdoor bike). I change it to Mowing Lawn, click on Update, and....nothing. It doesn't change it. What's up?

Best Answer

Thanks for joining the Forums @seebee65!

From what you say, it sounds like the Dashboard itself is having a hard time syncing with the servers. I'd recommend that you log out and then back in. That has helped me before when something wasn't working as intended.

Additionally, I'd also recommend that you try to use a different web browser than the one you're currently using. If you aren't already, Microsoft's Edge or Internet Explorer are specially useful for when the Dashboard is not fully loading up.

Look forward to your reply. Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No dice - still can't edit activities. Logged out, logged back in. Even restarted computer. Tried Opera and Explorer browsers, same problems persist. When I click on the pencil icon next to the activity, an edit dialog box opens. I make the changes, click "Update" and nothing happens. Very very very frustrating. This used to work, so Fitbit has done something to disable this function. Please get this fixed.

Best Answer