Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you ever see a friend's daily steps?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I understand the seven days step thing and the challenges. This is my question. Is there any way to see how many steps your friends have for that day at any given time if you aren't in a challenge?
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You can go to that friend's profile and, if they have allowed you access, see what they are doing for the day.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

No, you will only see a rolling 7 day total.

Best Answer

You can go to that friend's profile and, if they have allowed you access, see what they are doing for the day.

Best Answer
Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you see a friend's step count at any time during the day?  If you are in a challenge together, are you able to see the step count to know who is ahead and by  how much?  How does this work?

The activity that seems impossible today, will soon be your warm-up
Best Answer
How do you allow your friends to see your daily stuff and vise versa?
Best Answer

Where can we go to ask/suggest to be able to see friends DAILY steps shown on my Friends list? Their my Friends! I want to see/cheer/compete against their Daily total without having to jump through webpage hoops!

Best Answer

No you cannot!!!

Best Answer

This is pretty anoying that you cannot see your daily friends step quickly and simply. Really hard to compete and be serious about this if it's not possible to do that.

Best Answer

Hello @pm007! A very warm welcome to the Forums.

That's a great suggestion! It could definitely motivate you to be able to see your friend's daily step count. I located a suggestion post asking for this same option. You can go ahead and vote for it or comment on it to show your support.

Hope to see you around the Community!

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I've always used the Jawbone tracker apps and just thought all tracker apps are similar.  I recently bought a Fitbit because my friend had one and I totally love it.  What I don't love is that we can't follow each others steps throughout the day to encourage each other.  My Fitbit will go in a drawer until the Fitbit app can catch up and I'll be purchasing another Jawbone.  Following my friend is my greatest st motivator. 

Best Answer

Hello @Jrwaits! Thanks for stepping into the Community.

We truly appreciate that you took the time to provide us with your feedback. Be sure to show your support by voting on the suggestion I mentioned above.

Hope to see you around the Forums.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

We really shouldn't have to vote for it as it makes total sense for the app to show you friends daily steps as this motivates you more. I have only stumbled across this vote as I wanted an answer to the same question. So how many Fitbit users would like this but don't vote because they don't know about it.

Best Answer

Hey there @Carrol-Leeanne! Thanks for stepping into the Community.

I definitely understand where you're coming from. Be sure that these comments do not go unnoticed and we're always looking for ways to improve the overall experience of our users. Having said that, the Feature Suggestions board is a great way to add up these type of requests.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used to be able to see my contacts' daily steps - even if I hadn't asked them to be a friend.  What happened to that feature, or how do I change settings to see them?

Thanks!

Best Answer

Hey @Iahawkeyegal! Welcome to the Forums.

That feature is not currently available. However, you could visit the suggestion I mentioned above and vote for it in order to show your support.

Hope to see you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes this should be a no brainer! PLEASE make this feature available. 

Best Answer

Hi and welcome @Scr246!

Thanks for reaching to us with your feedback. Be sure to look into the suggestion I mentioned above to show your support.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

People have been asking for this feature for several years now and it's still not available.  Why can't we share our daily steps with our friends?  Would certainly motivate me more.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @AuntCrucy!

Being able to see your friend's steps would be great to get you motivated and in on a friendly competition.  If you haven't, you should take a moment to support the suggestion that I mentioned before.

Hope to see you around!

Best Answer
0 Votes