Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you merge two Fitbit account's data?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I created a fitbit account under one email. I've synced my fitbit into that account, added friends, logged a few days worth of data, and all that good stuff. At one point, my phone died and wasn't able to sync my fitbit to my phone for about a week. Today, I got a new phone, re downloaded the app, and "logged in" to a different email - which apparently fitbit seems to automatically create. As a result, all of my weeks worth of data have been synced to this accidentally created second email account. So now I have 2 emails. The first one with a few days worth of data, friends, and trophies, etc. The second one with a weeks worth of data, and much more trophies.

So the issue I have is, I want all the data merged into one email, the original one. I know I am unable to merge accounts, but is there any other solution to this issue? I don't mind having two accounts, I just really want all of the data under one account so I don't have to juggle between the two. Any help is appreciated. 

NOTE: While it's an easy solution to disregard the original account, I very much prefer the email associated to it over the second account. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@ANickC, you could try contacting Fitbit Support to see if there's anything they can do for you. They *might* be able to merge the accounts for you. Otherwise, I would suggest going back to your original account and just using that, since it's got the email you want and already has your friends connection.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @ANickC! At this time, there's no way to merge two Fitbit accounts, as @MakMak kindly recommended the best would be setting up your tracker with your preferred account. 

Thanks for your help @MakMak!

Last but not least, I noticed that you are new in the Community, welcome! I encourage you to join us at Discussions board, there you can share your story, find some fitness tips, recipes and more! Give it a look!  

Let me know if you have any other question! Woman Wink

Retired ModeratorCindy | Community Moderator

Was this what you were looking for? Vote for it and mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

i know that post was written quite few years ago.... so has anything changed?.. i would like to connect with google email that was used on last phone few years back but don't want to lose my recent accomplishment on my current email.  if i delete my gmail connected account, can i change my email on current account to that Gmail address?

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner A warm welcome to the Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

If you have two accounts, you could delete one and then change the email address to that one. However, it's not possible to merge account's data. Instructions on how to update your email address can be found here

Additionally, you may want to vote for this idea Merge data from old Fitbit account. Our team keeps track of the votes and the status could change in the future. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes