Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Find Fitbit App on iTunes Store

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since I was having issues with my Fitbit syncing with my iPhone, I decided to follow the advice in the Help Community and get the app for my Macbook Pro. However, when I go into iTunes, the Fitbit app does not appear when I search. Where is it? Is it called anything other than "Fitbit?"

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@TWM2, a quick Google search brings up this article that may help you:

https://www.imore.com/how-set-and-start-using-your-fitbit-mac

Best Answer

Hey @TWM2 and @USAF-Larry.

@TWM2 To sync with a  computer you do not use the Fitbit app itself. In this case, you'd need to download the Fitbit Connect software

Hope this helps out! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have. Numerous times with no success. Thank you for the suggestion but unfortunately my macbook pro still will not sync with my fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the suggestion, but I have done this. Over and over and over but the device never syncs to the computer. My computer just “searches” for the device but never finds it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @TWM2.

What happens when you go into our website and try to download the Connect software? Does it download and install correctly? Do you get any sort of error message when you try to sync? If so, what does it say?

Look forward to your reply.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Everything downloads just fine. Then I get the three boxes where the middle one says “Sync” and I click on it. My computer is set on discover mode for the blue tooth. I even shut off my phone so it would not interfere. then nothing happens. The devices never find each other. I have removed and uploaded the software twice. Same results. I have rebooted my Fitbit. Same results.

I think my iPhone app is finally working now, because I can go to the website via my computer and SEE what my iPhone app has synced with the Fitbit. So in that way I can still see the changes. I just cannot use the Fitbit program I downloaded to sync the Fitbit with my computer.

I am wearing the Fitbit on my ankle now and not my wrist since it is the ONLY way I can get an honest count of my steps. Otherwise I had hundreds of steps each day just from hand motions.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the clarifications @USAF-Larry.

From what you're saying it seems like your tracker paired up to your iPhone and that's why it won't connect to your computer. Sometimes the trackers and mobile devices are bonded together via Bluetooth. This usually happens when you've setup notifications with your tracker. Is that the case here?

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes