Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot reuse Google account for a new Fitbit account

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Versa died some months ago.  Dead, no reboot no nothing.   Proceed to remove Fitbit from my Google Account.  Got a new Pixel Watch and tried to integrate Fitbit during setup and get the following error.

since you deleted fitbit from your google account, you'll need to sign in again with a new account

Called customer service because you cannot login anywhere on fitbit site for online chat with your google account.  Why?  Because these guys don't know how to develop a service and integrate with Google.

Result of the call is I have to make a new Google account just for Fitbit.  This has to be the dumbest company on the planet that thinks this is customer service.   Nobody on the planet builds a service this eff'd up.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and word choice

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hello @SunsetRunner 

You might be interested in this thread (<-- click link) where another user is dealing with a similar issue. According to the Moderator, you are supposed to be able to re-use your Google account after 30 days from deletion. If it's been longer than 30 days, let me know and I will escalate your post to a Moderator for assistance.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes

Phone support didn't mention that.   All they said was I needed to use a different google account.  I tried that but you have to have the watch use that account as well as fitbit which means all the apps/messages/notifications from my 16+ year account are useless.

I will try again next month and if that doesn't work dump my Pixel 2 watch, Pixel phone and Google Fi service, migrate everything off Google and just go with Apple for my eco-system. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner I am not clear on why you would need to abandon your original Google account. I have two Google accounts. One is for Fitbit and similar applications and the other is for the rest of my life. Both Google accounts are connected to my Pixel Watch 2 in the Watch app. I have no trouble receiving notifications and alerts from both accounts on my Watch. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer

I'm also not clear on why you would be instructed to create a new Google account.  I use mine for Fitbit and life in general. I've been using it for a few years now.  

I've had to tie my Fitbit account to my Pixel Watch many times for various reasons, not once was I instructed to delete my account.  I'm curious as to what you did that might trigger that message?

I'm also not clear on why you would need to abandon your Fitbit account if your device died?  Devices do die, but you can have your account tied to more than one device over time.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

@alexthecat wrote:

@SunsetRunner I am not clear on why you would need to abandon your original Google account. I have two Google accounts. One is for Fitbit and similar applications and the other is for the rest of my life. Both Google accounts are connected to my Pixel Watch 2 in the Watch app. I have no trouble receiving notifications and alerts from both accounts on my Watch. 

Tried using the new account with fitbit app and my watch is setup with my long term account.   FitBit said it could not connect to the Pixel Watch 2 because the Pixel Watch 2 is setup with another account.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since I delete some time ago my fitbit service from Google after I tossed the dead Versa in the trash, FitBit won't let me use that account.  I cannot even login to this forum with my original account.   FitBit will not let you re-authorize (OAUTH2) the old account if you have previously removed it from your Google account.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner as I said, my Pixel Watch 2 is connected to both my Google accounts. It looks like this in the Watch app. 

Screenshot_20240216_132604.jpg

I set up the Pixel Watch and the Fitbit app with the first account. Then I added the second account (which is my main account) in the Watch app. It wasn't difficult to do and I've had no problems with any of my alerts or notifications on the Pixel Watch 2.

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can try that but that has to be the crappiest hack to a poorly written product by FitBit service

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner it's not a "hack". This is how people with multiple Google accounts add them to their Pixel Watches. It's not Google's fault that you chose to delete your Fitbit account. Most people don't do that. Then, when we get new devices, we already have a Fitbit account to add them to. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA

Best Answer

I feel very strongly about this fitbit was way better before they went and did this whole google s...... it was easyer to find groups in my city to make new friends. I did not need to pay more out for a places i can talk and chill with ppl to have a bit of a challeng. Playing with others is what kept me going when life was very hard for me. I dont have more then a few close ppl in my life so if i get sick or think i am have to stay away for long time there older like old. So covid hit it was me and my 3 dogs cat and fish i was a lone and cut off. The game that one time got me over a verbul and body pain for old relasoinship and well going to collage was gone i was all ways very low income working going to school and paying rent bills and food well careing for a man that did not want to work wanted to spend his time in pc game land instead off off his..... and my best friend my dog and my self. Walked to my school. And well i am falling behind on bills my cell going to be cut off soon and that how i bring in more income with out that and my pets to be taken care off i have no one in my couner to keep me going with just a bit off fun with out having to put out more cash to do so. And now the groups are gone it seems. This one thing that helped me has become a online gym with month price tag that i cant pay. It seems that unless fitbit takes a few many feet back and think about what way all the new changes there taking can and is hearting ppl that depends on what it was before. I best start looking to see what else is out there means getting a new watch and other stuff that i cant afford at all. After the many years with fitbit feel as the just dont care about me as a person just what funds i can put in the bank for them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hellboy45 wrote:

I feel very strongly about this fitbit was way better before they went and did this whole google s...... it was easyer to find groups in my city to make new friends. I did not need to pay more out for a places i can talk and chill with ppl to have a bit of a challeng. Playing with others is what kept me going when life was very hard for me. I dont have more then a few close ppl in my life so if i get sick or think i am have to stay away for long time there older like old. So covid hit it was me and my 3 dogs cat and fish i was a lone and cut off. The game that one time got me over a verbul and body pain for old relasoinship and well going to collage was gone i was all ways very low income working going to school and paying rent bills and food well careing for a man that did not want to work wanted to spend his time in pc game land instead off off his..... and my best friend my dog and my self. Walked to my school. And well i am falling behind on bills my cell going to be cut off soon and that how i bring in more income with out that and my pets to be taken care off i have no one in my couner to keep me going with just a bit off fun with out having to put out more cash to do so. And now the groups are gone it seems. This one thing that helped me has become a online gym with month price tag that i cant pay. It seems that unless fitbit takes a few many feet back and think about what way all the new changes there taking can and is hearting ppl that depends on what it was before. I best start looking to see what else is out there means getting a new watch and other stuff that i cant afford at all. After the many years with fitbit feel as the just dont care about me as a person just what funds i can put in the bank for them. 

This has nothing to do with the question that was originally posted.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes
It was a replay to someone comment so yea

Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's a fuggin hack.  You delete services and add services and don't need to wait 90 days for some arcane system to clean up your old data.  Creating a completely new account just for a service is by nature a hack to fix the inadequate service FitBit built.   Yeah, 90 days.  Google got back to me and that is what they said after a week.  It's poor design and poor user experience.  

Best Answer
0 Votes