Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Challenges: Adding additional friends, cancelling duplicate challenge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm using a Windows 10 app on my PC. I started a challenge and then wanted to invite two new friends (before the challenge begins tomorrow). I couldn't figure out any way to add them, though I checked all the buttons I could find on the page. There doesn't seem to be an option to do this. I tried re-doing the challenge, thinking that perhaps it would overwrite the previous challenge (Weekend Warriors). I invited everyone I wanted to, but when I finished, I had TWO of the same challenge. I can't find a way to cancel or delete the first one. Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the help, Roberto. Knowing there actually IS a way to do this helped. It didn't work quite this way with my Win10 app, but you DID help me figure it out and I appreciate it.

What I found:

1. Click on "Challenges" from the Win10 app dashboard.

2. Choose the challenge you want to edit

3. From the challenge leader board/message board, select the gear icon at the upper right corner. This takes you to a details page.

4. At the upper right of this page you will see a + sign. If you wish to add friends to the challenge, select the plus sign, then choose whom to invite from the page that comes up next.

5. Also at the upper right, there is an arrow in a rectangle icon, which I'm guessing symbolizes passing through an exit door. If you wish to quit the challenge, select this icon.

6. I suppose that if the challenge is yours and no one has yet accepted it,doing #5 would eliminate the challenge. If others have accepted it, maybe the challenge would carry on without you--not sure of that.

Thanks again! Cindy

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello there @CindySkillman thanks for stopping by in our community. When you start a challenge note that you have the option to invite more friends and quit the challenge during while this still is active. When you have an active challenge you will see the percentage of completion, just select it and you will see a challenge leaderboard in the right corner of the screen you should be able to see a an option to display the menu. In this menu you will see the options to invite more people along with an additional one called: "Options". Here you can find all the players of a challenge and the option: "Quit this challenge". By selecting this you will delete the additional challenge from your dashboard.

Let me know how it goes. See ya later. Robot wink

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Thanks for the help, Roberto. Knowing there actually IS a way to do this helped. It didn't work quite this way with my Win10 app, but you DID help me figure it out and I appreciate it.

What I found:

1. Click on "Challenges" from the Win10 app dashboard.

2. Choose the challenge you want to edit

3. From the challenge leader board/message board, select the gear icon at the upper right corner. This takes you to a details page.

4. At the upper right of this page you will see a + sign. If you wish to add friends to the challenge, select the plus sign, then choose whom to invite from the page that comes up next.

5. Also at the upper right, there is an arrow in a rectangle icon, which I'm guessing symbolizes passing through an exit door. If you wish to quit the challenge, select this icon.

6. I suppose that if the challenge is yours and no one has yet accepted it,doing #5 would eliminate the challenge. If others have accepted it, maybe the challenge would carry on without you--not sure of that.

Thanks again! Cindy

Best Answer

Hi there @CindySkillman Thank you for the clarification and I'm glad I was able at least to help you to figure this out. I apprecaite you have share the steps for this. I'm sure your post will help more users in our community.

Hope to see you around. Robot Very Happy

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer