Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Access to Dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My wife's computer Fitbit icon shows Fitbit Connect.  My Fitbit icon just says Fitbit.  With her icon she goes to the Fitbit website and has to sign in to get the Dashboard.  With my icon I go straight to the dashboard without signing in.  How can I make her access to the Dashboard the same as mine, i.e. no signing?

Thanks for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Use different browsers is the only way. Otherwise some one needs to logout so the other can log  in.

Using different browsers solves the problem and no one needs to sign out.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm sorry, I left out one critical piece of information. My wife and I use separate computers, so its not a matter of one being signed in. I want her access to the Dashboard to be the same as mine; that is when you click on the icon you go straight to the Dashboard without having to sign in..
Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife and I use different computers and have different accounts.  When I click the Fitbit icon on my computer I'm taken straight to my Dashboard.  When she clicks the Fitbit icon on her computer, that's labeled Fitbit Connect, she has to sign in to get to her Dashboard.  How can I change her access so she goes straight to her Dashboard without having to sign in?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @RHawk555! Thanks for the clarification.

From what you're saying, it seems like it is a matter of having her browser remember her password. It is possible that the remember password feature was disabled, or that the browser is not saving cookies and cache after each session of usage. 

Is your wife's browser getting some sort of 'Remind my Password' message when she logs into her account? If so, click on the accept or yes button.

I hope this clarifies the situation.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
She clicked on the Fitbit Connect icon which took her to the Fitbit web site. The Remember Me box is checked, but she still has to enter her e-mail address and password.

The Fitbit icon on her computer is Fitbit Connect. Mine is just Fitbit. When I click on mine I go straight to my Dashboard. My Dashboard is somewhat different from hers, especially since it shows my daily steps as a circle graph. Hers shows a line with the steps represented by a vertical bar.

Martha has had her Fitbit for nearly 2 years. I just got mine about 4 months ago. I'm wondering if there is a difference between the Dashboard downloaded long ago and the current download.

Should I just remove her Fitbit Connect icon and then go to the Fitbit site and download the latest version?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @RHawk555. Thanks for the update.

There is not really any difference with the Dashboards. Since they are on our website, they should be the same. The things that might change, are any tiles that you or her have added or moved around. 

Could you please take a screen shot of how the Dashboard is showing for you and for her and then post them as a reply in here? That should let me see what is going on.

Additionally, is there any chance that your wife has installed some kind of security software on her browser that prevents information from being remembered? Does she have to log into any other websites every time?

Look forward to your reply.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RHawk555,

Welcome to the community!

It sounds from your description (the fact that yours was just 'Fitbit' and hers was 'Fitbit Connect') that you have the Fitbit App installed and your wife has Fitbit Connect, this is how the two look different from the Start Menu:

fitbit-connect-app.jpg

I'm guessing yours looks more like the one on the top and hers looks more like the one on the bottom.  She can just run the same app, she may install it from here.  Note:  She does need to be running Windows 10.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
Problem solved by uninstalling Fitbit Connect and downloading the Fitbit app from the Windows store.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @RHawk555!

Glad to know that @PureEvil's understanding of the situation helped you out. Now that everything is in order, you can both continue to check your progress without any issues.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes