Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of email address

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi I had a Fitbit ages ago and gave it away. I recently brought a Fitbit Alta HR,when I went to set it up with my preferred email address it came up with the notification that that was already being used so I carried on setting the account up with a different email address. I now find because I don't use that address very often I miss out on my notifications etc. Is there any way I can delete the original account set up (now I no longer have the Fitbit) and amend my details on my Alta to my preferred email account?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If you auto-login on a PC in the house, simply change click the gray'd gear in the upper right of your PC dashboard, click settings and click "change password" to make it something more memorable and write down. Or if you just want to change the notification email, highlight the email address in your email box and type a more often accessed one over the top of it. (be sure to hit the turquoise "submit" button when everything looks right)

If you can't get into your account because no device is auto-remembering the missing password, set up an additional free email from gmail or yahoo that you can monitor from a browser a reinstall your tracker with that email address and new password you can remember - the downside is you will lose history beyond a week.

Hope one of the three things help you out @Rubyk

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

If you auto-login on a PC in the house, simply change click the gray'd gear in the upper right of your PC dashboard, click settings and click "change password" to make it something more memorable and write down. Or if you just want to change the notification email, highlight the email address in your email box and type a more often accessed one over the top of it. (be sure to hit the turquoise "submit" button when everything looks right)

If you can't get into your account because no device is auto-remembering the missing password, set up an additional free email from gmail or yahoo that you can monitor from a browser a reinstall your tracker with that email address and new password you can remember - the downside is you will lose history beyond a week.

Hope one of the three things help you out @Rubyk

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer