Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing to 24hr clock.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been trying to change clock to 24hr. When I select the 24hr option and try to save it I get a red banner at the top telling me to add a weight less than 680. I have already selected a weight in St and Pounds. Everything else is completed in the profile prior to saving. How can I fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SunsetRunner  I am going to move your post to the fitbit.com dashboard forum.  It sounds like this is a dashboard issue, not a device issue.  You might get more help in the fitbit.com dashboard forum.

What browser are you using?  I use Firefox and Safari and I could change from 24 to 12 and back again with no error.  In the past, I have come across posts where an issue was a problem with a specific browser.  Not an expert on this type of issue, but sometimes logging out of the website and restarting your computer can help.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@SunsetRunner  Are you trying to do this set up in the app or on the fitbit.com website?  If you are using the app, is it iOS, Android, or Windows? 

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello, I'm try to do it at forgot.com. I can't see where to do it on the
app. I set up things as I need them but when I got submit I get the red
banner telling me to set a weight below 680.4.
Thanks for replying.

Rea.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner  I am going to move your post to the fitbit.com dashboard forum.  It sounds like this is a dashboard issue, not a device issue.  You might get more help in the fitbit.com dashboard forum.

What browser are you using?  I use Firefox and Safari and I could change from 24 to 12 and back again with no error.  In the past, I have come across posts where an issue was a problem with a specific browser.  Not an expert on this type of issue, but sometimes logging out of the website and restarting your computer can help.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. You're help is appreciated. I'll give it try.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner and @LZeeW -

I was me in another post that documented that you could not change the clock type on the Alta HR using Internet Explorer in Windows, but could using Safari on either MacBook Air or iPad Air 2 (my personal devices). Another user replied yesterday to that post that she was able to do so on a Windows machine using Chrome after failing with Internet Explorer.

This is the post: 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Alta-HR/Change-24-hour-to-a-12-hour-clock/m-p/2339944#M13961

Good luck.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes
I went onto my laptop, Windows 10. I was able to change the settings with
no issues. There must be an issue with the Android app.
Thanks again for your help. Have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Rea.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner -

Glad you got it straightened out.

It wasn't an issue with the Android app, or any app, as the setting cannot be changed within the phone app.

Did you use the web browser and make the change on the web settings page, or do you use the Windows 10 app (which I have no clue about). If the browser, that could explain it, because I don't have a Windows 10 machine to test with. If the Windows 10 app, that would mean it can do something the other apps cannot do.

Interesting, either way.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes