Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cineplex popcorn calorie counts off by a lot

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. I am not sure where this comment should go. Perhaps there should be a category for reporting inaccurate calorie counts in the app/site.

Cineplex (movie) popcorn is included in the Fitbit database of foods, but the calorie counts are way off.

Cineplex' list is here: https://mediafiles.cineplex.com/FoodDrink/foodanddrink2016/Core-Nutrition-EN-8-16.pdf

The app: regular popcorn 780. Cineplex site: 590

The app: large popcorn 1420. Cineplex site: 880

And it's not about butter or no butter. Cineplex says a large popcorn with butter is 1200, so either with or without butter the Fitbit number is way off. Also, Fitbit should be reporting without butter, as adding it is an option.

Can this be corrected, and where should we report inaccuracies? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @pwolchak

Thanks for bringing this up and sharing your feedback. I will be passing this information on to the rest of the team. 

In the meantime, perhaps you could try logging a custom food in its place that reflects the proper amount of calories. This so that your reports stay as accurate as possible.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @pwolchak

Thanks for bringing this up and sharing your feedback. I will be passing this information on to the rest of the team. 

In the meantime, perhaps you could try logging a custom food in its place that reflects the proper amount of calories. This so that your reports stay as accurate as possible.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes