Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom food and activity entries do not auto-populate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 11/1/2018: Hey Everyone, I've been told that our team has isolated the cause and do hope to have a resolution on this soon. I realize it's been a good while and all of your feedback has been passed to our team. I'll update this thread when I hear further.

Update 6/27/2018: We are also aware that custom activities are not auto-populating. Our team is currently investigating. At this time, you can find new custom created activities under Recent in both the Fitbit.com dashboard and app. 

Update 6/26/2018: We are aware of an ongoing issue where custom foods no longer auto-populate. We hope to have a resolution soon, however, I do not have a timeline for fix at the moment. 

The entry is there, at this time we recommend the following workarounds: 

• Mark the entry as a favorite. You can then pull this information from your Favorites list.
  • Pull the entry from your Recent list under Foods
On the app: 
  • Pull the entry from your Custom list 

I know many of you have been doing this already, thanks for working with us. I'll update this thread once I hear more. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes
94 REPLIES 94

this seems to have just started. I use to be able to add custom foods and modify foods and the search had the results of custom items. For some reason now none show up in the search and I have to go to custom food screen to add from there. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @SimonBr.

Perhaps the Dashboard it having a hard time syncing to the servers. 

Whenever something like that happens to me, I try to log out and back in. Doing that forces the Dashboard to download the details from the servers. Then give it another shot and it should work properly.

Additionally, have you tried using a different web browser? It could be that the issue stems from there too. What browser are you using at the time?

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried multiple browsers and even different computers with the same results. 

Best Answer

Hey @SimonBr.

Thanks for trying that and letting me know.

I'd like to take a closer look at the situation. Could you take a screen shot of what shows up when you search for a custom food and let me know the name of that custom food? That'd let me get a better understanding.

Look forward to your reply.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Lanuza, I have 2 examples I can show you, one of a custom added food and one modified from the database.

Taking a look at the first image, you can see I have a few Detox shakes that I have added. I added the

"Detox one scoop shakes rasberries(simon)" last, image 2 shows when i search for Detox it does not come up. I've tried using different search terms that are part of the food item without success. 

The second food item is "Double Smoked Back Bacon" that was already part of the food database but the nutritional facts were not correct. I did the change and it added the updated item in my food items, but once again when i search for it it only shows the original item from the database (120 calories instead of my modified 110 calories) image 3.

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @SimonBr.

Thanks for letting me know and for sharing those pictures.

I will be letting the rest of the team know. As soon as I get some updates on the matter I will be sure to get back to you. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem with new registered custom food. I can't search them. But they shows up in the custom food section.

So what's the status on these problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing yet, but its making it very hard to enter foods. It use to be easy then suddenly you have to go through 5 steps to add any custom or modified foods.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Koljen. Hello @SimonBr.

At the moment we do not have any updates on the matter. I'll be keeping my eyes open on any news and whenever there is something, I'll be sure to let you know.

Please let me know if there are any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit, so should I open a supportcase, so fitbit(you) gets ware of this food database search problem in a official way? For us living in Norway (and probably other country's) this is a major bug, because we do not have any official food database, and have to register all "Norwegian" food in the custom database. 

Best Answer

Hello @Koljen.

I definitely understand how the Community can feel unofficial in a way. Please do know that this has been passed to the team and that I'm trying to get news on the matter. As soon as I get something I'll be sure to post about it.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. Let me know if there are any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This evening I added 2 new foods to the database on a windows 10 desktop, however when I went to search the database on my desktop & app and I couldn't find the foods. Also, it wasn't on my recently logged food. 

I closed both down and logged back in and it still didn't appear in the search. However, when I tried to add them again I get a message saying that its already been added. Can anyone help?

Best Answer

I have the same problem on various operating system/browser combos: Windows 10/Google Chrome (66.0.3359) Fedora 27/Firefox (59.0.2) Scientific Linux 6.9/Firefox ESR (52.6.0) Scientific Linux 7.4/Firefox ESR (52.7.2) Android 7.1.1 (Sony Xperia Z5 Compact/Fitbit App (2.69) I deleted cookies and cache from one client, but that didn't help.

Oh and i could find it in http://www.fitbit.com/foods/private and record it via clicking on the link of the food and then klicking the "record food"-link on the next page (class logFood in the html-source).

Moderator Edition: Format

Best Answer

I have the exact same issue. While I can see the foods I created when navigating to http://www.fitbit.com/foods/private and log it through the link in the food details page itself, the database search function of the Food Log page (under "What did you eat?") does not return these foods. It also isn't displayed on my Recently Logged foods list. I am using Firefox Quantum 59.0.2 (64-bit) and have tried both deleting all cookies and clearing the cache, but it hasn't solved the issue. I believe this is a problem on Fitbit's end.

Best Answer

Best way I found to get around this is give the Food your initials

Like I name all mine WGBMILK

WGBYogurt  etc

Then I just search for WGB and they all come up

I do meals the same way

wgbfood.jpg

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Doesn't help. Old ones i put in are shown when searching, but new ones - like the last month or so - are completely ignored by the search function.

Best Answer

Thanks, roadruner_gs and EricB. It's good to know that I'm not the only one having this problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @madwitch69, and @ErickB.. Hello @WendyB and @roadrunner_gs.

Thanks for bringing this up and for letting us know that this is also happening on the Windows 10 app.

Our team is aware of this situation and this is being looked into. As soon as we have any news on the matter we'll be sure to let everyone know!

Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This seems to be getting worst. Now when I use my iPhone to scan bar codes it finds items already in the database. When i use the web page on a computer I try to enter the exact same name it does not always find the product.

When will this be fixed, I`m about to give up on this app and move to another. Its almost unusable on the iPhone app because of this so i'm always running to my computer and even then its twice the work to enter items. 

Best Answer
0 Votes