Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom food and activity entries do not auto-populate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 11/1/2018: Hey Everyone, I've been told that our team has isolated the cause and do hope to have a resolution on this soon. I realize it's been a good while and all of your feedback has been passed to our team. I'll update this thread when I hear further.

Update 6/27/2018: We are also aware that custom activities are not auto-populating. Our team is currently investigating. At this time, you can find new custom created activities under Recent in both the Fitbit.com dashboard and app. 

Update 6/26/2018: We are aware of an ongoing issue where custom foods no longer auto-populate. We hope to have a resolution soon, however, I do not have a timeline for fix at the moment. 

The entry is there, at this time we recommend the following workarounds: 

• Mark the entry as a favorite. You can then pull this information from your Favorites list.
  • Pull the entry from your Recent list under Foods
On the app: 
  • Pull the entry from your Custom list 

I know many of you have been doing this already, thanks for working with us. I'll update this thread once I hear more. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes
94 REPLIES 94

I'm having similar problems with adding new/customizing foods on the database (Australia). For me, this problem started about a month ago. Now the only way I can log new foods is to mark them as "Favourites" and then add them from the Favourites menu. They don't appear in my searches either but they appear in the "My Foods" database. But when I click on these new items, the "log this food" action doesn't work for me. For a whole year everything worked smoothly, now bugs seems to be popping up constantly (also having trouble with missing dashboard tiles).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same issue. After a break from logging food I'm back at it, and this doesn't really help me be able to manage my logging easily. When I take the time to put in a new food, I expect it to be there when I need to search for it again.

Thanks.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue with the FitBit webpage and Android App.  I reported to FitBit last week and still nothing fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not just Windows 10 app, but regular FitBit webpage and Android App.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there -- please add me to the people having this problem. I'm on Firefox 59.0.2 on an iMac. It's been going on for a few weeks now. Please let us know when it is fixed! Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SimonBr, and @janmac229. Welcome to the Forums @MarL1964.

Whenever we receive any updates on this we will share them with everyone. Our team is fully aware of this and is looking into the situation.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner! Welcome to the Forums @Ecru.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Our team is still looking into this and we do not have any updates on the matter. As soon as we do, we'll be sure to let everyone know.

Feel free to reach out if you need any assistance.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Also having issues with this for a week now.

I've started eating Daily Harvest smoothies and have input the brand info and description 7 times already. The brand itself isn't being added.

I roundabout by creating a new Daily Harvest company everytime I have a different smoothie and starrinng it but it shouldn't be the case.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just wanted to say I am also having this issue with the computer. The custom foods seem to show up on my apps, though. However, I can't delete foods that are incorrectly added when using my app. I have to go back to the computer to do that. This is all quite awkward.

And now, my food history has been deleted from the dashboard view on my phone app. It is there when I click for details, but not in the overall view. 

Best Answer

Same! This started for me about 3-4 weeks ago. Super frustrating. I can only find custom foods now by scrolling through them one by one, which takes forever and is only an option on mobile. Search function only pulls up older custom foods, nothing that I've added in the past few weeks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ASL54 and @biancaphillips

Thanks for sharing your concerns. 

As I have mentioned before, our team is aware of this situation and it is being looked into. I will try to get some updates on it and will be sharing them with everyone as soon as I find something.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You should be able to add your old ones by viewing your foods and adding it from the master list.  It's very annoying though.  I'm really strict about tracking everything and this makes it so time consuming.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So what is happening with this food error/bug?

Still no fix?

I made a support case on this error, and got a reply that they was aware about the problem, and that a team worked on a solution. This is over a month ago. 

This is not good Fitbit!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still no update at all except the same message every time a person posts something on this thread. Its been 2 months for me and its getting to me the way i have to work around so much, I cant use my phone anymore when adding to my meals because it takes too long. I'm about to give up on Fitbit and move on to something that works, its a shame because i do like the watch, I was going to purchase one for my wife on her birthday....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd just like to chime in I'm also having this issue. 

Hopefully they bump the priority if more people comment.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner and @Hooggie.

Thanks for letting us know that you are also experiencing this situation. Please know that it is being looked into and we'll be sharing any updates as soon as we have them.

@Hooggie that is a good idea. Maybe you could look into posting about that specific idea on the Feature Suggestions board. Other users could then comment and vote on your idea to show their support. 

You can read more about the way the Feature Suggestions board works by checking the FAQ.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @SunsetRunner. Hello @SimonBr and @Koljen.

I have not received any news on the matter but I'll continue to try and get updates on this. Whenever I get something, I'll be sure to post about it in here.

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem -- it's been happening a lot lately!
Tonight I couldn't find a food that I *know* is in there because I eat it all the time.  I gave in and entered all the information again, and I got an error message that says I already have a food by that name!  So, fine--searched again.  Two things with a sort-of similar name came up, but the nutrition information wasn't close.

So, I can't find the food, and I can't add the food.  Now what?

Best Answer
0 Votes
With the caveat that I only know the computer layout, not phones, on your food log page there should be a column along the right for "favorite foods." At the bottom is the option to "edit my foods." Click on that, and you'll get a page with every food you've entered yourself. Click on the food and you'll have the chance to log it.

THEN, if it's something you eat a lot, click on the little star next to where you log it, to mark it as a "favorite." Then it will appear on the list in the column at the right and you can click directly there to log until they fix this. (Which seems to be taking an awfully long time....)

Hope this helps!
Best Answer
Thank you so much--that worked! Great suggestion. I'll use it as a work-around when this happens again.
Best Answer
0 Votes