Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom food and activity entries do not auto-populate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 11/1/2018: Hey Everyone, I've been told that our team has isolated the cause and do hope to have a resolution on this soon. I realize it's been a good while and all of your feedback has been passed to our team. I'll update this thread when I hear further.

Update 6/27/2018: We are also aware that custom activities are not auto-populating. Our team is currently investigating. At this time, you can find new custom created activities under Recent in both the Fitbit.com dashboard and app. 

Update 6/26/2018: We are aware of an ongoing issue where custom foods no longer auto-populate. We hope to have a resolution soon, however, I do not have a timeline for fix at the moment. 

The entry is there, at this time we recommend the following workarounds: 

• Mark the entry as a favorite. You can then pull this information from your Favorites list.
  • Pull the entry from your Recent list under Foods
On the app: 
  • Pull the entry from your Custom list 

I know many of you have been doing this already, thanks for working with us. I'll update this thread once I hear more. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes
94 REPLIES 94

I've actually solved this primarily by adding everything to my favorites. Then I can easily select the meal choice. Overall I'm not super impressed with that portion of the app though. Feels clunky and its pretty hard to get motivated to regularly use it. 

Best Answer
I might have to start doing that. I agree with what you said about this part of the app -- I use it out of pure convenience, but I don't love it. And it's frustrating to have to search through ten versions of a food that might be the one I'm looking for. I also like the idea of putting your initials in front of every food you enter---I think that's a great idea.
Best Answer

Hy @Cymry1065 and @Ecru. Welcome to the Forums @SunsetRunner.

Thanks for sharing the workaround that did the trick for you. Adding the foods as favorites is definitely a good way to go about this. I'd say that we continue doing that for the time being. 

We do not have any news on the matter at this time but I can tell you that our team is well aware of this situation. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, is there any new about this bug? I have the same issue and is very annoying because I'm not able to create my own meals with my custom food because there's no official database for Colombia.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not, that I'm aware of. And I'm really wondering what is happening with this bug. This problem has been unsolved for multiple months now.  I think it's really strange that Fitbit doesn't solve this. 

Best Answer

This issue shouldn't be that complicated because the search is working good on mobile. It's very frustrating that take months to solve a problem that simple.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hope so. Getting harder for me to stick with a Fitbit and not go with a Garmin. Out of about two dozen friends they all ditched their Fitbit for other products. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @JhookC. Hello @Koljen.

There haven't been any updates on the situation. I will try to get more news on the situation and as soon as I get something, I'll be sure to let everyone know.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. We'll be sure to let everyone know as soon as we receive anything on the matter. I will continue to try and get any updates on the situation.

Please let me know if there is anything I can assist you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry but my optimism regarding this is not very high anymore, you have been replying with the same answer for months now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not too worried about this at this point. I actually no longer use the food section at all. Now I simply use MyFitnessPal which so far has such a clean interface for food. Its actually made tracking food enjoyable, especially with being able to scan bar codes. Then it automatically sends it over to the Fitbit app, thus eliminating my problem with tracking calories. Even sends over water which is a pleasant aspect. Granted, I don't want to be using two separate apps as in theory the Fitbit app should be sufficient, but at least its a great alternative. 

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the matter. 

It is definitely a good workaround to the situation. For reference, if anyone wants to connect their app with MyFitnessPal you can find the instructions on how to do it on this article.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
Hi Everyone - I've merged two threads together and created a floated thread. We are aware of an ongoing issue where custom foods no longer auto-populate. We hope to have a resolution soon, however, I do not have a timeline for fix at the moment. 

The entry is there, at this time we recommend the following workarounds: 

• Mark the entry as a favorite. You can then pull this information from your Favorites list.
  • Pull the entry from your Recent list under Foods
On the app: 
  • Pull the entry from your Custom list 

I know many of you have been doing this already, thanks for working with us. I'll update this thread once I hear more. 

@SunsetRunner I agree My Fitness Pal is a good alternative, many find the database to be more comprehensive. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having a similar problem with custom activities, is it possibly related.?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LilMissShaz thanks for calling this out. I could replicate, I created a custom log, it does not auto-populate but I see it listed under Recent in both the app and on Fibit.com. Our team is currently aware of this issue as well and working on a fix as mentioned in my post here. I'll update the thread to reflect this, as it does appear related. Thank you!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi this had been ongoing for an awfully long time is there is not a fix soon can you at least put a banner up like you have with the Mobile data usage is I think the length of time taken over this issue warrant a little more than us just having to wait for weeks on end with no update on progress from the tech team

Kind Regards

Wayne

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer

This is one of those problems that is just SO irritating - I understand the workarounds, but especially when I'm trying to create a "meal" (really a recipe, later to be used to create a custom food item) having things refuse to pop up is infuriating. I entered a bunch of ingredients meticulously only to find I couldn't add them without using the workaround of favouriting them, which has now made my favourites list a complete mess and not reflective of things I actually use most frequently. 

Best Answer

I Have noticed a banner at the top of the page when I open it stating they are aware of food logging issues with IOS 2.53 (Fitbit.com) as a suggested work around in the banner is not a good suggestion reason as follows, what about the Food Logging issues on Widows Desktop ( that has been on going for near 3 months - this issue is not just 1 platform its across the whole range - not seeing a customised (New Food in the search bar when searched for is still an issue) adding to favourite is not an adequate work around as I have mentioned before I should be able to search for a food I input without having to lengthen my favourite foods as the food I add might not be a favourite but a once in a while - also I should be able to contact a friend and tell them what to search for and they should be able to see my entry - that's the whole idea of adding to a data base -  there seems to be a lot of time passed where Fitbit Staff have had no further information on this issue and the issue is still not fixed - this is Diabolical

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer
0 Votes

I deleted the app and reinstalled it and it appears to be working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

they do not even have to be custom foods. After a couple entries it just will not take another food entry and when it has it one I did not even pick.

Annie116

Best Answer
0 Votes