Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom food and activity entries do not auto-populate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 11/1/2018: Hey Everyone, I've been told that our team has isolated the cause and do hope to have a resolution on this soon. I realize it's been a good while and all of your feedback has been passed to our team. I'll update this thread when I hear further.

Update 6/27/2018: We are also aware that custom activities are not auto-populating. Our team is currently investigating. At this time, you can find new custom created activities under Recent in both the Fitbit.com dashboard and app. 

Update 6/26/2018: We are aware of an ongoing issue where custom foods no longer auto-populate. We hope to have a resolution soon, however, I do not have a timeline for fix at the moment. 

The entry is there, at this time we recommend the following workarounds: 

• Mark the entry as a favorite. You can then pull this information from your Favorites list.
  • Pull the entry from your Recent list under Foods
On the app: 
  • Pull the entry from your Custom list 

I know many of you have been doing this already, thanks for working with us. I'll update this thread once I hear more. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes
94 REPLIES 94

The update did solve the issue of logged foods changing or disappearing in the app. BUT there is STILL AN ISSUE with custom foods not populating when typed into the search box on the app and desktop version. I'm still having to scroll through my custom foods (of which I have thousands) on my app to log those because they don't appear when I search. This has been an issue long before the latest problem. What's the status on this fix?

Best Answer

@ashwolve@SneakyPearse@biancaphillips Our team is still aware of this issue, I don't have a timeline for fix currently but have based your feedback on the importance of this feature to our team. We apologize for the inconvenience and thanks for your reports. 

@annie116 the latest iOS app update should resolve the issue you describe. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

@KateFitbit Thank you for the update and thanks for escalating the issue back to the team, will we be able to access all of the inputs once this has been resolved as my list is now upto 33 items all of which have said a can find them in search so I can cut down on my favourites list again - as it says its favourites - not any new food that wasn't in the list

if you can say if they will all be in this list once the issue is resolved I can contact my friends and let them know they will be able to search once solved as they do not view the community posts as some don't understand the jargon of some things and rely on me to sort things out for them where I can

I look forward to your response and eagerly await a fix (hopefully soon)

Kind Regards

Wayne

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer

@ashwolve I'm sorry but I can't speculate on the timeline or scope of the fix, but can assure you your feedback has been heard by our team. 

Best Answer

On the web site I tried to add Waitrose Chickpea, Spinach & Quinoa

It did not appear.

I then tried it again adding it as

Chickpea, Spinach & Quinoa2

and it is still not appearing. I tried adding to my favourite list and they do not appear.

Can you fix this please?

Thanks

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

This has been ongoing for a while now with no end in site but apparently they are aware (this doesn't hold much standing as I am chasing issues they have been aware of for over 14 months now) basic or not and whether 1 person has reported it or a thousand it should be fixed in a reasonable amount of time and over 12 weeks I feel is not reasonable,

@nighttracker anyway back to the issue (you have probably already done this but thought I would mention incase) when you first log a new food it will say save and will appear in any search for the product (it does not) so they are saying before you leave that page if there is an option to log as favourite to do so (not always an option) if no option is there they want you to log the food as eaten that day then from your daily meals eaten click the star to add as a favourite then remove it from the meals eaten that day - (check it appears in the favourites list before removing from the meal) if this is not happening then the time take to fix this issue has compacted and caused more needless errors that will take an age to fix

in General

sorry for the rant but frustration is now setting in and I have a list of 48 extra foods that I cannot search for and that are not technically favourites but there was no correct input for them on the site so my food list is a lot longer and harder to search through than should be

as a customer we should have these functions available and working and not have to use work around's or 3rd party apps to suit the calendar of when the company wants to fix it it has also been 2 weeks since the last update from Fitbit on this issue being aware and the team have heard is not an adequate response at this stage maybe put a banner at the top of the page to say food logging issues currently being investigated and a fix is being worked on like you did with the IOS issue as this is not just a web issue its across all platforms and devices (the ios issue appeared after this one and already has been solved) so it can be done

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer

Thanks for the info. This is very frustrating issue makes me wonder if Fitbit are seeing everyone using my fitness pall and have give up trying to compete? Oh well. 

Best Answer

No worries - its a shame that they make us play this waiting game - this company used to be one of the best and the devices are great its just the amount of time it takes to resolve issues that are letting them down ATM and the stocks and shares for Fitbit over the last 3 years shows it as do the reviews on proper review sites - to be the best you have to do things better (ie keep it working not rely on 3rd party apps and work arounds)  they say they listen to their customers that why we have so many new features and functions they all would be great if they worked

people will use other devices and sites if forced to do so especially when the competition can fix problems in a timely manner

I wish there was a complaints procedure that didn't involve going through customer support as they give the same responses and we get nowhere as we go round and round in circles

Best Answer

Hey @ashwolve and @nighttracker.

Unfortunately at the moment we do not have any updates. We'll be sure to post about it once we have something.

@nighttracker Using MyFintessPal sounds like a great way to go about it. You can even connect the two if you want! You can read more about it in here.

Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

its been another 3 weeks and we still have not got the functionality of being able to search for foods we have added - Now the charge 3 has been released and the marketing fliers have been passed out via email - can we please have a fix to this issue along with all the other outstanding issues that we have been waiting for fixes for anywhere upto 2 years - just because this threads has gone quiet please don't assume we have forgotten about it

Regards

Wayne

Best Answer

Hey @ashwolve.

Thanks for voicing that you are still experiencing this.

I can assure you that this situation has not been forgotten. I'll try to get some updates on the situation and share them in here.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Since Fitbit is still not syncing (still waiting for this bug to get fixed), I've been manually entering my steps daily.  These show up under week activity, but it won't show up when I look at "Friends", so it looks like I'm not doing any steps at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner.

Thanks for your feedback.

I'd like to let you know that manually logged activities do not count towards challenges or the friend leaderboards. This is to prevent users from cheating by adding more steps.

In regards to the syncing situation. The moment we have any news regarding the situation, we'll be sure to let everyone know.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've a Samsung Android and am also unable to use search for custom foods and it is so, so aggravating... 

Secondly, it always throws up "popular foods" first which are often completely irrelevant (especially since I'm vegan). An option to turn off popular suggestions for search would also be very useful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @DBammm.

Thanks for bringing this up. 

At this moment we do not have any news on the matter but I'll try to get some updates. If there is anything to share around I'll be posting about it in here.

Please let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It has been a month since any word on this.  Any word on any progress?

Best Answer

It's been months and this is still an issue. Are they actually trying to fix this or should I find another product that actually cares about its users?

Best Answer

I think they make it harder for themselves than what it should be by associating 2 different issues and say its the same thing and therefore get confused to a point they cannot resolve because they cannot see the issue - they need to separate both complaints and sort them separately  - it does help tremendously if they were to fix an issue when it is first reported instead of waiting for it to compact and get worse and then add updates that are also corrupted with other issues - I have mentioned a few times a simple way around this but Fitbit refuse to implement saying it is harder than it should be or it cannot be done - revert to an earlier update where everything worked then they can take their time over a fix, the inability to rollback should not be an issue in this day and age - just write into the update a delete current app and then the issues of any extra programming in newer updates should not be a problem as effectively the whole app is deleted and re-installed using an earlier model - 2 years and no fix on some issues and over 7 months on this one , they don't understand is not in their best interests to delay further neither is suspending customers who try and get the answers to questions that they blatantly ignore - Please Fitbit grow a backbone and admit your shortfalls and fix the issues no matter if you think they are important or not to Fitbit - they are to the customer or they would not be reporting it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Complain to fitbit on live chat, if they get enough complaints they may do something

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Hi and Welcome - I wish it was that simple - over the last 2 years I have used live chat, email, community, and phone all with the same response - we are aware but have no further information and none forth coming since on the majority of issues - the lack of concern by Fitbit is appalling and I wonder how they have kept going - TBH the hardware is great and comfortable to use I just wish the software held up to the same standards but they refuse to be wrong on anything and will take their time over anything not passed to them by the top bosses then wonder why their customers get frustrated and voice an opinion (and not the good sort sort) they forget to be the best they have to have complete customer satisfaction even if it means making concessions/compromises that they do not want to make

Best Answer
0 Votes