Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily and Weekly Heart Rate Tracking

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does FitBit have a way to track heart rate all day instead of just resting BPM and tracking during exercise. I would really like to see a daily record of my heart rate throughout the day, and to be able to track it over time.  If that functionality exists on my FitBit Blaze, where do I find it?

Thank you!

-J.R.R.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @J.R.R.,

It sounds like your tracker is set up, you just need to go to the dashboard and look at this graph:

screenshot.52.jpg

Note the heart icon. It may be set to steps or calories, so you can use the drop-down menu to select the heart icon if that's the case. You can view today, this week or month. Hope this helps.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Yes, it does! It has three settings for heart rate tracking: On, Off and Auto.
You can find you what setting you're currently using and change this on:
- The Blaze (under settings - heart rate).
- Phone app (click the tiny Blaze up top (or account, then Blaze) - heart rate).
- Dashboard (top right cogwheel - click the Blaze - heart rate).

Your daily heart activity shows up under the heart tile on your app (I prefer this view myself) or in the wide tile on your dashboard (you have to choose the heart and daily) after you sync.

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Best Answer
Thank you for taking time to reply, but I still can't find a way to track my
heart rate over the course of an entire day. I had previously added the
heart tile to my dashboard, but that only shows my resting heart rate range.
. I Went to my dashboard settings to see if there is a different heart rate
tile, but there does not appear to be one.

My heart rate settings was set to Auto. I tried changing it to "On", but
that does not appear to do anything different.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @J.R.R.,

It sounds like your tracker is set up, you just need to go to the dashboard and look at this graph:

screenshot.52.jpg

Note the heart icon. It may be set to steps or calories, so you can use the drop-down menu to select the heart icon if that's the case. You can view today, this week or month. Hope this helps.

Dave | California

Best Answer

Edit: ^This guy was quicker, but pretty much what I wrote, so you don't need double up.

It doesn't track as accurately as exercise as far as I know, but in the graph you can find your average heart beat per 5 minutes.
The app has a prettier version of the graph which is under the heart tile on the app.

Best Answer

Thank you! Smiley Happy  I see the graph showing heart rate throughout the day day.  I can scroll back through previous days as well.  Do you know if there is a way to export each days heart rate graphs?  

Aloha,

JR

Best Answer
0 Votes

There's a function called Data Export in the dashboard settings that will allow you to download the data into a spreadsheet. If you want the picture graphs I believe you can save the graph images via screenshots (which is what I did above).

Dave | California

Best Answer

You can find information on exporting data at https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1133 (last updated May 2016).
Brief relevant outtake:
"Body—Includes weight, BMI, and body fat percentage. If you've ever manually tracked your blood pressure, glucose, or heart rate, this data is also available. (We're still working on making automatic heart rate data available for export). If you've created a custom tracker, its data also appears in this file."

I tried downloading both Body and Activity stats in excel format and it doesn't include heart rate in any form, so I'm guessing they're still "working on it".

Edit: There's a suggestion to implement it. You can give it your vote.

Best Answer

Very helpful.  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank  you, Dave!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here's another way to download your data: https://www.squashleagues.org/Fitbit/FitbitDataDownload

Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes