Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard Steps not syncing in challeneges

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I sync my steps the dashboard shows I've done 12k today, but the work week hustle challenge dashboard shows that I have only did 4K today? This is not the first time this has happened.

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

@kldanielle13Welcome.. I apologise if you are aware of a  change Fitbit made many months ago or if you haven't created any manual step activity. Manually added step/distance activity is not counted in Challenges, Badges and Lifetime Achievements

.If that is not the case, time zones can cause an issue.  But we can still input our manual steps. I had to do that a few months ago while water walking in rehab.

Fitbit made the change because untowards types were adding millions of steps and trying to proposition Fitbitters in the Groups by going to the head of the leaderboards. It has caused a great deal of angst amongst the honest Fitbitters....... 

I have made this note because many new Fitbitters aren't aware of the dramas back then. 

@kldanielle13 wrote:

When I sync my steps the dashboard shows I've done 12k today, but the work week hustle challenge dashboard shows that I have only did 4K today? This is not the first time this has happened.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes
No I'm not aware of how to make manual changes. These are actual steps from me running and walking that aren't syncing in challenges. I've had my Fitbit for well over a year now, and thought this was some type of glitch that would be resolved by now. Thanks for your help though! Looks like I'll just be switching my family to Apple watches! Haha (:
Best Answer
0 Votes

@kldanielle13Thanks for getting back to the forum

This link may help and the same question always comes up.. Are the Challenges in the same time zone.

To check if you are syncing to the Challenges correctly, create you own Daily Showdown and  just tap the "Start Anyway" without any Friends....... You are now in your own Time Zone, then sync. That will establish that you are syncing what you see on your Dashboard.

Because your tracker and the Dashboard show the same steps total we know that link is working.

See how that goes.. if not it would be pointing to Fitbit server issues. I just did that test and mine is syncing OK..

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Hello @kldanielle13!

Just like @Colinm39 mentioned, it could be caused by being on different time zones. I would also suggest looking into that. Additionally, I'd like to ask you some questions:

• On average, how many steps are lost?
  • Does it happen every single day?
  • Have you noticed any sort of 'cut off' time?

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I believe it is the timezone difference. Is there going to be a resolution to this issue soon? It's anywhere from 7k - 10k steps. This is very frustrating.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in a match with people in different time zones. The person who started it is an hour ahead of me. All the others are in the same time zone. I lost 2k steps yesterday and 3k so far today. It didn't look like I was losing any until about 10am my time. It says I got my 10k step goals for both days in the challenge but only credits me with 15k steps total.

Best Answer

Hello @kldanielle13 and @txkazzalane.

@kldanielle13 At this time the only way to go about it would be to manually change your timezone to match the person who started the challenge's.

@txkazzalane Since the one who started the challenge is on a different time zone, that zone will be the one to determine what is the cut-off time for the challenge. Based on what you're saying, it would seem like this is the situation in this case.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Even with server error I don't see how that would change it this much. I
didn't walk the now 10k steps that it is off from midnight Monday to 1am
Sunday.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @txkazzalane!

If you do not mind, I'd like to ask you to please take some screen shots of the steps that are showing on your Dashboard and on the challenge. That should let me get a clearer understanding of what is going on.

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes