Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard Tells Me I Am Overweight (Premium)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On the statistics page Benchmarks, it correctly lists my percentile among users "who are normal or underweight". However, the Activities and Sleep pages list my percentile among users who are "overweight" How can this be, and how can this be fixed? Has anyone seen this? Does it matter?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, @caldersdad! Are you close to the edge? Maybe it's a rounding problem. Otherwise, the only problem with this would be that you're getting compared to a different group for statistics. If you're still worried, I would suggest getting in touch with Fitbit Support directly.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer

I contacted, and was told they use my gender, height, and weight to tell me whether I am normal or overweight. Yes, I am right at the threshhold, so it sometimes fluctuates. Note that on the Benchmark tab, there are many (somewhat hidden) options to select what is being compared with whom.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @caldersdad, it is nice to see new members around! As my friend @MakMak and Customer Support mentioned, the Fitbit Premium app is like putting you on that category because you are on the edge of it. And how? because Premium takes the data on your Fitbit account (your age, gender, weight, body mass) to categorize your weight. But this will change of course if you follow the Premium plan designed for you.

Let me know if you have additional questions!

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes