Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard changes

ANSWERED

My dashboard has been black off and on for past week. I did all the suggestions, it didn't help. Logged on this morning to see my health dashboard is now in the Fitbit app. So do I have to install a new app? What happens to my tens years of data? I read an article that Fitbit is being fazed out and being replaced with Google Fit. Google you need to do a better job informing your customers. I've been a loyal Fitbit user for 10 years but haven't been happy with all the recent changes.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Poodlemama 

The Fitbit team is aware of the issues with the Fitbit.com on-line dashboard and has submitted this for escalation. Hopefully, it won't take too long for the dashboard to be fixed.

From what I've read, Fitbit stopped updating the on-line dashboard so there hasn't been any enhancements implemented there. They decided to focus on the app instead. Just to let you know, this decision was made pre-Google acquisition.

You don't need to install a new app. Continue to use the Fitbit app.

As long as you don't delete your data, it should be available for as long as you remain a Fitbit user.

I doubt that Fitbit will be replaced with Google Fit. Google Fit has been deprecated and there isn't much support for that app. With the Fitbit app redesign, I don't think that Google is going to drop Fitbit anytime soon. You might be interested in this 9to5 Google article (<-- click link) about the future of Fitbit.

If there's specific information that you're looking for, let us know. We'll help you find it.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @Poodlemama 

The Fitbit team is aware of the issues with the Fitbit.com on-line dashboard and has submitted this for escalation. Hopefully, it won't take too long for the dashboard to be fixed.

From what I've read, Fitbit stopped updating the on-line dashboard so there hasn't been any enhancements implemented there. They decided to focus on the app instead. Just to let you know, this decision was made pre-Google acquisition.

You don't need to install a new app. Continue to use the Fitbit app.

As long as you don't delete your data, it should be available for as long as you remain a Fitbit user.

I doubt that Fitbit will be replaced with Google Fit. Google Fit has been deprecated and there isn't much support for that app. With the Fitbit app redesign, I don't think that Google is going to drop Fitbit anytime soon. You might be interested in this 9to5 Google article (<-- click link) about the future of Fitbit.

If there's specific information that you're looking for, let us know. We'll help you find it.

Best Answer

Thank you for your response.  My dashboard has been working all day without any issues today, both on Chrome and Edge.  I'm glad I don't have to install a new app, I love my Fitbit.

I wish Fitbit / Google would be more informative when issues like this arise.  There are so many negative comments circulating and it gets to the point you don't know what to believe.

Best Answer

Hi @Poodlemama 

You're very welcome.

I agree with you that it would be helpful for additional information would be shared with the users. A lot of the information that I've gained has been through reading forum posts from other Fitbit PE's (Product Experts) who have been around for a while as well as our monthly meetings with our Fitbit Community Managers (Google employees).

If you have specific questions, please feel free to post and include my forum name: @RiekoC . I'll get a notification that you've mentioned me and I'll come & respond.

Best Answer

My dashboard seems to be working again today as well. Totally agree with all you've said, more transparency from Fitbit/Google would have gone a long way here. You'd think corporations would figure this out eventually 🤔

Best Answer

Same issue, but not yet resolved.  Very disappointing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit battery keeps running out and not syncing. I have to log on and off from Google to charge it.

True Google Fit is not good. 👹😡

Snics_0-1714760641760.png

Snics_1-1714760641761.png

Snics_2-1714760641761.png

Snics_3-1714760641761.png

Best Answer
0 Votes