Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard data full - new user

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there, I just bought an ionic and had a fitbit account from a few years ago. After logging in, I noticed that it has calorie data for every single day including today which obviously isn't correct. The chat support instructed me to delete my account. I went and created a new account with my work email that's never been used for a fitbit account before. I setup my account and bam, dashboard is full of data and it's telling me I burned over 1K calories today at 8pm. 

This is obviously not possible so what is happening here?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

A very warm welcome @juststart and congratulations on your Ionic.

There is a very simple explanation for this situation. The Dashboard uses the information that you entered (age, height, sex, etc.) to determine what is your BMR. BMR in this case would be the calories your body burns in order to keep you alive, to perform its basic functions. The Dashboard calculates this and then applies it to all of your days, even if your account was just opened. So this wouldn't mean that any activity  was tracked, only that the Dashboard is doing its job.

Hope this clarifies the situation. If you have any further questions please let me know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes