Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard heart rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Riddle me this. My HR was 54 for 5 days last week, 52 one day and 56 one day. That MUST = an average of 54 but my weekly dashboard shows 55. Anyone else get a higher average on their dashboard than it should be? It’s not ruining my life but why is this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi, @MattHUK! I'm wondering if there are some behind the scenes rounding things that are going on. I know with the Fitbit scales that happens. If Fitbit is using averages for the day to the tenth place, but truncating to give you a whole number, that could result in a higher weekly average. Maybe one of the programmers could be around to answer, but that would be my guess.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Mak you may be right. Interested to hear from the boffins at Fitbit if rounding is the reason.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MattHUK or @MakMak -

Where do you see Average Resting Heart Rate for a week? At least that sounds what you are discussing.

BTW, the Dashboard values all have a history of performing 4/5 rounding while the iOS app plays with integer values.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MrMarv, I'm assuming it was the one in the weekly progress report.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MakMak -

Thanks - and now the blind shall see.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes