Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard on Mac not syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently bought a new Fitbit to replace my old one. I set it up with my iPhone with hopes of being able to access my data on my Mac Air. I've done everything I can think of to get my computer and the watch to sync and nothing.

Can someone please help with instructions on how to sync the Inspire 3 with my Mac Air?  

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @lililehiking and welcome to the Community.  All current Fitbits can only sync with the Fitbit mobile app.  You can't sync with a MacBook Air.  You can view synced data on your web account at fitbit.com.  The web view is very out of date.  There are many features, like the Health Metrics and Stress Response score, that are only on the mobile app.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @lililehiking and welcome to the Community.  All current Fitbits can only sync with the Fitbit mobile app.  You can't sync with a MacBook Air.  You can view synced data on your web account at fitbit.com.  The web view is very out of date.  There are many features, like the Health Metrics and Stress Response score, that are only on the mobile app.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's too bad. I specifically bought the Inspire 3 because I thought it would sync with my computer. Thanks for the response! 

Best Answer

HI LZeeW, Thanks for the response. That's really too bad, I specifically bought Inspire 3 because I thought it would sync with my computer. I liked entering my weight and diet on my laptop and liked charting my progress. It's just not the same on my phone. Oh well, I hope someone from Fitbit sees this message. I wouldn't have bought the device had I known. 

Best Answer

@lililehiking  You can still enter your weight and log your food on your web dashboard at fitbit.com.  You can still view your charts over time.  I still do that.  Just keep in mind that you can't see all your data on the web dashboard.  Also, it was never updated to show zone minutes in your "Today" stats that like your mobile app.

Unfortunately for you, Fitbit is going in the other direction.  Macs have always needed Fitbit Connect to sync, but Fitbit stopped making trackers compatible with Fitbit Connect several years ago.  PC users are going to be out of luck soon.  Fitbit is ending all syncing with the Fitbit app for Windows 10 very soon.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also interested in this question. Maybe you can help me with my question. The fact is that I have a Mac and I don’t know how to block it when I’m not around. First of all, safety is important to me. Will you help me?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lililehiking Thank you for helping @HolyHI  with the lock of the Mac Book air. 

@LZeeW Thank you for your help. 

@lililehiking , Thank you for choosing the Inspire 3. 
As described by LZeeW , Fitbit newest models should be synced with the Fitbit App on mobile devices. 

As you already setup the tracker with your phone, you can continue syncing the device with it. 
You can see your data on the app itself or some of them on the online Dashboard (fitbit.com)

Hope this helps 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot answer exactly your question, but I can give you very good advice. Always lock your Mac when you are not around. If you don't know how to do it then read about it here https://setapp.com/how-to/lock-your-mac-screen. People do not adhere to this recommendation but in vain. Internet safety must be respected!

Best Answer
0 Votes