Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App shows different calorie summaries to computer

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been looking at the calorie in and out graphs on both my online laptop (apple) version of the dashboard and my samsung galaxy A5 phone version.  They are showing different stories for the  Cals in vs. out:

Monday:   Computer showing 'In the Zone"  Phone showing "Over"

Tuesday:   Computer showing 'Under"  Phone showing "Under"

Wednesday: Computer showing 'Under"  Phone showing "Over"

Anyone else experienced this?  Reasons for it? How do I fix it if possible?  Which do I believe?  

Thanks

(Copied over from weight management forum for more ideas)

I tried the solution suggested here and it has not worked.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Telly2,

Thanks for bringing this up. I checked my calories on the phone compared to the fitbit.com dashboard, and sure enough, there is a difference. What I notice is that the calories in and out are the same numbers in both places, but whether it considers it over or under isn't consistent. Some days when I went over calorie budget by a little, it still considers it "in zone" on the phone (but "over" on fitbit.com dashboard).

I see errors in both places, and have no idea what's causing it. The Widows 10 app reporting of over/under appears even less consistent.

I end up not paying attention to the graph colors, and just go by whether the calories out is higher or lower each day, which appear to be correct.

Here are screenshots of my calories for the last week (my calorie deficit is set to 0). Any thoughts appreciated. Am I misinterpreting something here?

Fitbit.com Dashboard:
fitbit.com dashboardfitbit.com dashboard

Android app:

android appandroid app

Windows 10 app:

windows 10 appwindows 10 app

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see the same thing with my Android/Windows 10/browser. I've been searching, and it seems that this has been a problem folks have been experiencing for years. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Sunsetbeach! Hello @Telly2 and @WavyDavey!

Thank you very much for reaching out about this. Our team is aware of the situation! At this moment we do not have any specific updates or details on the matter but we will be sure to let everyone know once we do.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes