Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard steps incorrect when charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic has a problem that I've noticed multiple times and even chatted with support about without resolution. The step tracking is correct when I look at the detail window that shows steps/ 15 minutes, however the total shown on the dashboard is much higher and incorrect. For example, today the detail window shows 2,971 steps which I believe to be correct. I just finished charging my Ionic and the dashboard total shows 6607 steps which is absolutely incorrect. Support asked me to do a hard restart but that did not resolve the problem. Has anyone else experienced this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Update - after charging and installing the latest update on my ionic, the ionic itself says I've done 11k steps. Something is definitely wrong with my ionic step counter when I charge/update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @mattySHARK.

That sounds very odd. Thanks for trying the hard restart our support team suggested.

I'd like to take a  closer look at what is going on, if you do not mind. Could you take some screen shots of the inaccurate step count? Like one of the Dashboard and one of your Fitbit?

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Here are some screenshots that show the problem. The window with the 15 increments shows the correct amount while all other screens show a much higher amount. Again, this has happened multiple times on days when I charge my ionic. https://imgur.com/gallery/Qoqul

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @mattySHARK.

Thanks for taking those screen shots. Unfortunately I am not able to see them on imgur. Could you post them directly on the Forums? You can do so by clicking on the 'Photos' button that shows when you are posting in the Community itself. Check the picture below for reference:

photos.PNG

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

BB7FF885-437D-44E3-BCCF-F72105F8310E.png

D1302C11-B1D7-49C1-B63D-741270F47993.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @mattySHARK.

Thanks for the pictures.

Let's try to setup your Fitbit as it was a new device. You can do so by going into your app and selecting the account tab. There, tap on 'Setup a New Device' and follow the onscreen instructions. After it is setup, please give it a small test for a day and let me know the moment this happens again by taking another screen shot, and a picture of the steps on the Fitbit if possible.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Shortly I after your last message I followed the directions and re-connected my ionic. Today was the first day I’ve charged since then and the problem occurred again. It’s not as severe this time but still a difference. Pictures attached.D38541C8-2214-485F-BEA0-38D044F733FC.png

7336B9BD-01C2-4A20-BE6F-53E3364DE851.png

AD9AC881-3117-47F5-B67A-86592CEB02CC.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @mattySHARK.

Thanks for letting me know and for sharing those pictures.

Our team is aware of the situation and it is being looked into. As soon as we have any news on the matter we'll be sure to let everyone know.

In the meantime I'd like to ask, does the reading resolve itself at the end of the day?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No it does not resolve at end of day. I can look at previous days this occurred in the history.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @mattySHARK.

Thanks for answering my questions. I'll be letting the rest of the team know.

Whenever we have any news or updates on the matter we'll let everyone know. I'll be sure to keep my eyes open for any updates on the situation.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes