Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Export tool does not seem to be saving data to my downloads folder

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I tried exporting data using the data export tool under settings and I am not finding a file in my downloads folder.  I tried CSV and XLS.  I tried using Chrome, IE, and Edge.  The Download button acts as if it is creating a file, but no file is created and no error message is presented.  

Could there be some type of permissions problem, or could it be putting the file somewhere else?

Thanks

Skip

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I tried this on a computer at home and the export download works as expected.  The problem must be a permissions issue with my computer at work or the company network.

Thanks for your reply.

Skip

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@Skip007, I am using Firefox - when I click on the Download button, it opens the dialogue window asking if I want to save the file or open it as a spreadsheet.   I also tried it with Chromium version 59.0.3071.109, and it opened a toolbar at the bottom of the screen with the file name which it allowed me to click on to open it. If I do a Ctrl-J in Chromium, it opens the Download list which allows me to select the file from there as well.

Export_Data-1.jpg

Export_Data.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this on a computer at home and the export download works as expected.  The problem must be a permissions issue with my computer at work or the company network.

Thanks for your reply.

Skip

Best Answer
0 Votes