Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Data Export tool isn't working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 09/25/17

This issue has now been fully resolved, and data exports should work normally again. Thanks everyone for your patience on this issue.

Fitbit Update: 09/06/17

We have identified a potential fix that will get things working again. However, it won't be possible for us to release this change before next week.

So we expect that the export tool will remain in its current state at least through the weekend. I know that we're all eager to see it resolved as quickly as possible, but wanted to set a realistic expectation.

Hi, everyone! Thanks for your reports about the Export Data tool. Our team is aware of the issue where you can't download your data and only get a spinning circle.They are looking into this some more and I will provide an update here once there is more information. Thanks for your patience!

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
291 REPLIES 291

Any updates? It's still not working for me in Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Firefox. 

Best Answer

Still not working for me

Best Answer

Does he get a commission 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

The only fix is an external site that seems to know how to export the data as to the post by MrWizard

Best Answer

How can this still  .... NOT BE WORKING. 

This isn't the 90s, downloading should not be a hurdle.  Is there any ETA?

Kory

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like a problem that has been going on for awhile - any news updates?  I need the upload data for a work challenge, I miss the cut off date and I get 0 for the month....

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bkwolf wrote:

Looks like a problem that has been going on for awhile - any news updates?  I need the upload data for a work challenge, I miss the cut off date and I get 0 for the month....

bkwolf,

You can download some data via a third-party site at: http://fitbit-export.azurewebsites.net/

It's a personal project by an individual, not Fitbit. Read the info on the page, it may get you the data you need for your challenge, someone earlier up the chain was able to do so. It'll get you steps, distance, floors, a few other key data items. Hopefully that will help you.

As to the official site, no news I've seen or been able to find.

Best Answer

It seems that this is a major problem or problem they just don't feel is important to fix. If one of the main functions of a premium service is down and not working they should let us know. Fitbit has my email along with probably emails of all premium members an update on the status would be good customer service. Until now all my dealings with Fitbit have been positive as I've been a premium member since October of 2012. This is the reason I've purchased 3 Fitbit Trackers, and 2 for my wife, for myself starting the One, Charge HR and now the Blaze. I've disabled auto renew (was to renew in November) of my premium membership until this problem is fixed. I refuse to give my hard earned money for I product or service that isn't working as promised.

Best Answer

Dear Fitbit team,

I am a paying customer who has been waiting for over two weeks for a fix. I feel that I am in a vacuum because the Fitbit team is not updating me on what is being done to repair this. I hear nothing aside from the odd comment that you are 'aware' of the problem. A daily update would be much preferred: even if it is "Sorry, the elves are still working on it, but we share your pain and are going as fast as we can". This is PR101.

For other customers who are really frustrated with the lack of concrete response and sit reps, I suggest use MrWizard's solution on page 9 of this thread. At least you can get your data out. And it is more user-friendly.

Best Answer

Hi Goddessatwork

Check out MrWizard's solution on page 9 of this thread. At least you can get your data out. And it is more user-friendly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please don't call this "MrWizard's solution". I have NOTHING to do with coming up with this process, I simply re-posted some comments from others of the community for the convenience of presentation. The real posters are fmagic, MartinBlackshaw, & Mumpie. They are the real heroes of this, all I did was repost their stuff in one spot for ease of access. I only WISH I had come up with this stuff!

added:

And, of course, the guy that came up with the export function at azure, for sure!!

Best Answer

Is there any activity on this issue? I have been trying downloads every couple of days and still get no file export success. Soon it will be up to 31 days and I wonder if I will just lose all that data. Thanks for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone - thanks for your ongoing patience with this issue.

The good new is that we have identified a potential fix that will get things working again. However, it won't be possible for us to release this change before next week.

So we expect that the export tool will remain in its current state at least through the weekend. I know that we're all eager to see it resolved as quickly as possible, but wanted to set a realistic expectation.

Best Answer

Thank you Matthew.  Can we rely on an update at the beginning of next week on the status?

Best Answer

Thanks for the update, Matthew.

Best Answer

@Shep17 Yes, I will check in at the start of next week or as soon as I receive another update.

Best Answer

@MrWizard wrote:

Please don't call this "MrWizard's solution". I have NOTHING to do with coming up with this process, I simply re-posted some comments from others of the community for the convenience of presentation. The real posters are fmagic, MartinBlackshaw, & Mumpie. They are the real heroes of this, all I did was repost their stuff in one spot for ease of access. I only WISH I had come up with this stuff!

added:

And, of course, the guy that came up with the export function at azure, for sure!!

But you shared it with us, and if someone is trying to find the solution in this thread, they need to search for your posted solution. And it is great that you are honouring those who found the answers. The guy with the azure export function is Nick Heiner 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MatthewFitbit wrote:

Hi everyone - thanks for your ongoing patience with this issue.

The good new is that we have identified a potential fix that will get things working again. However, it won't be possible for us to release this change before next week.

So we expect that the export tool will remain in its current state at least through the weekend. I know that we're all eager to see it resolved as quickly as possible, but wanted to set a realistic expectation.

Thanks Matthew, the update is much appreciated. Hope it works.

And perhaps Fitbit could consider working with Nick Heiner at http://fitbit-export.azurewebsites.net/ to get a better quality export tool?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Danztim wrote:

Is there any activity on this issue? I have been trying downloads every couple of days and still get no file export success. Soon it will be up to 31 days and I wonder if I will just lose all that data. Thanks for your help.

Danztim,

Don't worry, unless they break something you have always been able to go back more than 31 days. In fact, a few weeks ago I downloaded all of my data all the way from 2014 through 2017.

The issue is you can do ONLY 31 day MAXIMUM at a time. Thus, I had to do the requests in month long chunks. Kind of a pain, but it worked fine back then.

When you're on the download screen you simply need to use the 'Custom' option and set the dates to whatever period you want, back to when you joined, up to 31 day maximum requests (can be fewer than 31 days but not more.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I need to download and use data for a project in school, when is this feature going to work? I need it this week.

Best Answer
0 Votes