Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Data Export tool isn't working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 09/25/17

This issue has now been fully resolved, and data exports should work normally again. Thanks everyone for your patience on this issue.

Fitbit Update: 09/06/17

We have identified a potential fix that will get things working again. However, it won't be possible for us to release this change before next week.

So we expect that the export tool will remain in its current state at least through the weekend. I know that we're all eager to see it resolved as quickly as possible, but wanted to set a realistic expectation.

Hi, everyone! Thanks for your reports about the Export Data tool. Our team is aware of the issue where you can't download your data and only get a spinning circle.They are looking into this some more and I will provide an update here once there is more information. Thanks for your patience!

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
291 REPLIES 291

I'm having the same issue

Best Answer

That's frustrating but I'm at least glad to see that it's not just me, or my Surge or computer. Thanks all.

Best Answer

yes I've had the same issue

I would like to see a solution posted

Best Answer

A similar issue came up about 6 months ago. Though back then when I tried to export data, nothing appeared to happen. Now I (and others I read) am getting the endless spinning wheel. You'd imagine it has to be related and hence easily fixed.

Best Answer

I have been using the export for nearly 6 years and it rarely fails. But, like others in this thread the Activity avatar  just keeps circling.

But I can download from another site where I get my HR data.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

I agree. Stopped working for me since 25 Aug. The first post in this thread is 7 July, so coming on to two months without a fix. Come on Fitbit, not good enough. Maybe because it is only affecting data on other provider sites, you don't feel it is important?

Further to this, debug tools indicate that it is continually trying to export the file. 

GET request path https://www.fitbit.com/premium/export?isExportedFileReady=true&fileIdentifier=8a0cada26c10e90fbb5e4a...,  but the JSON response would indicate the file is not ready

Response

{
"fileIsReady": false
}

Best Answer

Same here as of 9:00 AM GMT on August 27th. Apparently weekends make things take longer.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem and I have messaged Fitbit on Twitter and they just say to clear your browsers history and it will fix it.  I have tried this and it is still not downloading it.  It has been doing this all week and I cannot download any data. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you guys be more specific? What step does it fail at?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It might have to do with the way the data base is setup, 

Im not sure what 8n reffers too

Best Answer
0 Votes
When you hit download. It just remains spinning on the download button but
does not download. If you look on your community posts and search export
data you will find a large thread of people with the same issue
Best Answer

@SnikloThe 31 day limit was a mandatory change by Fitbit a couple of years ago with no explanation.  All we can do is vote and hope....

Fortunately I have always exported my data and it doesn't worry me. 

@Sniklo wrote:

Why am I limited to exporting 31 days of data?

I want to store and analyse my values in another tool. It becoms a major obsticle if I have to export one month at at time and then merge the files. Fix this please.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
after the date range and data type are entered I hit the red download box
and get a spinning wheel
Best Answer

Same thing here, I hitted the download button, some thing started spinning next to it and nothing happen.

Best Answer

Yup, adding my name to the list of downloading cycle with no output.

Best Answer

Regardless of the settings: body, activities, whether cvs or xls or 1 week or last month, the download icon just keeps circling & circling and no file ever downloads.

I've downloaded data before and it worked but not since the last firmware update. 

Please advise.

Best Answer

yes I have been having the same problem over the last several days.  I've tried 2 different computers and a number of different web browsers

Best Answer

Having the same issue.  Says downloading then just spins.

If we have only 31 days of data to download people wont' be able to go back in time and get there data that might be older than 31 days.  

Best Answer

It looks like this has been an issue for at least a week now again - and has been an intermittent problem for some time. Hopefully Fitbit can get their act together on this; it is a key feature for me.

Best Answer

Hello again.

I posted back in March that I was having problems exporting data from Fitbit to Excel (or any format). Fortunately, I wasn't the only one with the problem, and it was fixed (yea!!) in a few days. Now I'm having the same problem again. When I try to export weekly data, I get a never-ending spinning wheel and no download.

Since my current problem is the same as before, here is the explanation of the issue that I sent in March. Thanks for your help, which I hope is as prompt now as it was then.

Thanks for posting. As of yesterday (March 17, 2017), I'm having the same problem. Previously, I've exported data daily without any problems, but now I get a spinning wheel and then nothing. My browser is Microsoft Edge. I hope this issue is resolved soon as I want to capture some of the data that isn't available through the app or website. Thanks.

Best Answer