Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Data Export tool isn't working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 09/25/17

This issue has now been fully resolved, and data exports should work normally again. Thanks everyone for your patience on this issue.

Fitbit Update: 09/06/17

We have identified a potential fix that will get things working again. However, it won't be possible for us to release this change before next week.

So we expect that the export tool will remain in its current state at least through the weekend. I know that we're all eager to see it resolved as quickly as possible, but wanted to set a realistic expectation.

Hi, everyone! Thanks for your reports about the Export Data tool. Our team is aware of the issue where you can't download your data and only get a spinning circle.They are looking into this some more and I will provide an update here once there is more information. Thanks for your patience!

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
291 REPLIES 291

Yes having the same problem in Chrome

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks everyone for your reports about the Export Data tool. Our team is aware of the issue where you can't download your data and only get a spinning circle.They are looking into this some more and I will provide an update here once there is more information. Thanks for your patience!

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same crap here. These people have severe learning difficulties. I plan on dumping them next year- my warranty expires!

Martin Blackshaw

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is answer I received from FitBit.

On behalf of the Fitbit team, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. After getting in contact with our engineering team, we were advised that this is an issue that they're already working on solving it, so all of our members can download their data without any problem.
Best Answer

Same problem. Really annoying. Cmon FitBit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. It would be nice to know when they anticipate the site to be working again. Very frustrating!

Best Answer

This is ridiculous that FitBit can't get a simple download data feature to work dependably. This has been a on going problem for way to long. I think it is time to look at other options for fitness tracking that can provide a reliable service for my hard earned money.

Best Answer

Any update on this? Still not working for me. Are there any workarounds available?

Best Answer
0 Votes

They cannot bring themselves to post a norice on their website notifying the world at large of the status. They are behaving the same as the airlines and how many of them have gone down the tubes in the past 20 years! This is a top down problem - and the man/woman at the top has decided that we, the customers, do not need to be informed of their incompetence - send them an ad for something new to buy instead. It is a deliberate policy decision on the managements part. With luck the stockholders will be listening.

Best Answer

Same thing here. Sad to see how far fitbit has plummeted in their customer service and technology since they started. So much for the whole "your data belongs to you" mentality.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, after a week, this is still occurring? How can this still be broken?

Best Answer

Does anyone have a workaround for the data export - however cludgy?

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is pretty labor intensive but here is what I tried:

Using the format from previous data exports, I can find almost of the data in the dashboard and by hovering over data points under profile, I can get the activity minutes. To figure out sedimentary minutes, I calculated the number of minutes in a 24-hour period (24*60=1440) and subtracted all the active minutes. I also had to convert all hours into minutes, for example .13 hours is 7.8 minutes or .13*60. In my previous exports, all decimals were dropped so for 7.8 minutes, I just entered 7. Once all the data points were entered, I saved the file in Excel or CSV format.

Does anyone know how to calculate activity calories?
Best Answer

Not working for me either. Tried multiple data ranges and data types, as well as two browsers (Safari/Chrome). Does anyone here know if the Apple Watch is capable of capturing the same data (sleep, HR, activity) in a downloadable format?

I've had my Fitbit for 2.5 years. I've put up with Fitbit's incompetency for so long, but this might be the last straw for me...Even as I type this message, the text box keeps glitching out.... *opens new tab, https://www.apple.com/watch/ *

Best Answer

Data Export still not working. I have used Suunto, Garmin & Polar as well as FitBit. I have to say FItBit is the worst in regards to fixing user issues. Do you even have people working on the website? This data download issue should have been fixed within hours, not months. Your competitors would have contacted me directly in less than 48 hours and would be posting updates regarding the issue front and center on the Homepage.  Already moved to a Garmin watch guess I will have to spring for a Garmin scale if I ever want my data to be exportable. Anyone want to buy a FitBit Aria & Surge I am done with them. 

Best Answer

Its over 2 days since your last post. Can you please give me an update on the data export. I still cant export my data. I have a project submission  and i need my data by today.Kindly resolve this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

3 days now... Still can't export my data and still no updates from fitbit on what is actually happening to resolve this - if anything.

Best Answer

Only 3 days for you? It's been over a week for me and is quite frustrating! I've started looking at their competitors products as well. It seems whenever Fitbit has a problem they are always so slow to remedy said problem, just like their original product that kept falling apart every 6 months! I love the idea, but if they can't keep things working or at most fix them in a timely fashion then I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.

Best Answer

Since this is the tag line when trying to download the data we should have a working plan do do as such. As stated in a previous thread that is PINNED to this forum, it is not possible now, with now workaround.

In my opinion, this means the data does not really belong to the user, since it is not accessible. From what I have read this is a recurring problem. I am sure you have a lot of users that do not even try to do this, but I am sure that quite a few are. 

Pretty unacceptable, especially if you want people to buy the Ionic at $300 and with the sales beginning to falter.

Best Answer

Still an issue.  I typically download monthly, but the fact that this feature has been down for over a week seems ridiculous.  Pretty crazy considering the level of competition Fitbit faces right now.  At a minimum there should be a notice on the Data Export page stating that there is a known issue they are working on.  Poor sales has forced them to focus on staying relevant with new product innovation.  Unfortunately, Fitbit seems to have lost sight of their existing customer base on this issue.  If you can't get the basics right, there seems to be little reason to have any confidence that you'll get the more complex issues correct.

Best Answer