Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Data Export tool isn't working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 09/25/17

This issue has now been fully resolved, and data exports should work normally again. Thanks everyone for your patience on this issue.

Fitbit Update: 09/06/17

We have identified a potential fix that will get things working again. However, it won't be possible for us to release this change before next week.

So we expect that the export tool will remain in its current state at least through the weekend. I know that we're all eager to see it resolved as quickly as possible, but wanted to set a realistic expectation.

Hi, everyone! Thanks for your reports about the Export Data tool. Our team is aware of the issue where you can't download your data and only get a spinning circle.They are looking into this some more and I will provide an update here once there is more information. Thanks for your patience!

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
291 REPLIES 291

I AGREE COMPLETELY! Those guys have been SO helpful.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank the link was helpful. I now have all my data.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have an update regarding an approximate date when this issue will be resolved?

It is extremely frustrating not to be able to export my data.

Best Answer

How, after a month or longer, is "our Engineers are aware and working on the problem" an acceptable answer?   A few hours, days maybe a week then OK.  Weeks? Oh NO!  One of the following MUST be true;  Fitbit Engineers are not competent or skilled enough to fix the problem or they are not actually working toward resolution.   To paraphrase FITBIT - the data belongs to US (the users).  In my nearly five years of daily fitness tracker use, the life of any device is around seven (7) months.  If you cannot retrieve, view or analyze your data history for 20% or more of the life of the device, the device is unfit for intended and advertised use.   Fitbit customers deserve honest, transparent and comprehensive answers. Management needs to set a reasonable deadline for a fix, communicate that to customers and if it still exists they need to hire competent IT professionals to do the job. 

Best Answer

It only downloads the CVS version, not the XLS format. The CVS version is worthless to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The data export doesn't work for quite a long time, please Fitbit fix it at the earliest!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Be aware that using Azure to download the data provides the data in Metric units.  You will have to do some conversion.
Kilometers * 0.621371 = Miles

Kilograms * 2.204623 = Pounds

There are a few other adjustments that also have to be made to get the information in the same units that the Data Export tool uses.
Also, the data is in .CSV format.  Excel should be able to import it.  If not, the CALC function of Libre Office does and from there, it can be saved in Excel format.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use Excel's brother Open Office. Insert/Sheet from file... works fine. 

Best Answer

Had the data export problem this morning.  Have made three separate attempts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone - I know that you're all eager to see this tool working properly again, and I can confirm that our team is still working to get it resolved.

We don't have an estimate of when the issue will be resolved, but it is considered a high-priority bug. You don't need to do anything else to remind our team that it's important to you - they are working to get it fixed as quickly as they can.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the update.

Sally

Sally A. Rigeman, PhD
Area Consultant in Education
Drake University
School of Education
Continuing Education and Professional Development
1-309-752-0369
sally.rigeman@drake.edu
Best Answer
0 Votes

The data export still hangs as of 9-3-2017!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Anything new on the problem with data export? It has been quite a while now, based on these posts. Also, you should allow downloading of data from when you began, not just a month at a time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How will I know when export is fixed ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SCMidland Once this issue has been resolved, we will update this thread with that information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

only reason for not wanting posts complaining about this issue is to stop the negative reviews about this feature that is said to be "Your data belongs to you!" according to your download page. when we can not get the data, it does not belong to us

Best Answer

@Mainedan I'm not sure what you're referring to, but I can confirm that this is only a temporary bug and not intended behavior. It will be resolved soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MatthewFitbit: Thank you for what is intended to be a reassurance, but you really have not said anything that other moderators haven't already said in this thread. Out of respect for your customers, please do not use evasive language. I could at least respect an answer that takes responsibility for the issue. Since the last moderator posted something Friday, and indeed, in the last two months, your team has had a chance to at least put your heads together and come up with a better answer than "we don't know when." Again, no such action has been taken. I urge you to define "temporary," because for the customers who have been turned off by this chicanery, I'm betting "permanent" is a better word selection. While it might seem like I'm trying to pick a fight with you or someone in your team, my goal is to get a resolution, and outward appearances indicate that is not your goal. While I know you don't personally write the code, the bubble over "moderator" says "escalate bugs and make issues known to the wider team." Has this really even happened? Truly best regards,

Adam.

Best Answer

I agree. Stating "you don;t need to remind us anymore" may be the new gold standard in Bad Customer Relations/Service.  The issue here is not that a glitch occurred. The critical problem is that it has persisted for such a long period without a fix or a time commitment to have one. This is an increasingly competitive market including renowned companies like Apple, Samsung and Garmin.  Fitbit is essentially tell its customers "yeah, we know you paid us with the expectation of having the data, we know we screwed up and now you can't get it, we can't tell you if or when you will have it because we don't know so please shut up"    Nick Heiner (https://github.com/NickHeiner) knows how to get our data.  (THANK YOU NICK!) Fitbit doesn't have a clue and their answer is telling us not to mention it again???   It would have been  lot more useful and less disrespectful it Fitbit had said - you want data, buy a Samsung.  

Best Answer

@WCLAmen

Best Answer
0 Votes