Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data disappears if you remove Fitbit from account

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After two of my Charge HR devices suffered fatal crashes in the last two weeks, I removed the most recent corpse from my account Saturday night. I looked at my fitbit.com dashboard this morning and saw every scrap of my years of data was gone except for a few recent exercise events. After that I added another Charge HR to my account and see all of my data and history is back. (except for the broken parts that never work).

Haha, I guess that's one of the best ways fitbit has conjured up to ensure customer loyalty.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @gateswood.

Thanks for bringing this up.

That sounds very odd, as information should remain linked to the account even if there is no Fitbit paired to it at the moment. Could you be a bit more specific on what information was gone or how exactly you noticed it was gone?

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

The data is still there but it becomes invisible without a paired fitbit. Pair another and it instantly reappears.

If you have your own fitbit and account, go ahead and try it yourself. Remove your device and check your dashboard after a refresh. You should see this. Re-pair a device and it instantly returns to normal.

lost data no tracker.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @gateswood.

Thanks for sharing that screenshot.

In this case it is the tiles that do disappear when a Fitbit device is removed from the account, having said that the information is not gone. If you go into the activity log you can still see your step and calorie total.

Having said that, maybe you could post about keeping all of the tiles without a device in our Feature Suggestions board. Other users could then comment and vote on your suggestion to show their support. Be sure to read the FAQ to better understand how the board works.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the pointer to the other page.Not an elegant solution but better than the alternative.

I never go to that paqe but did find some interesting things just now. Like my incredibly stupid Charge HR gave me 829 floors in the first three weeks of the month. My feet haven't been more than 3' off the ground this month but my fitbits always give me tons of floors when I do a lot of work while wearing work gloves, especially when running a chain saw.

I hope my new Charge 2 is a lot smarter than Charge HR devices I've been using over the last few years.

Edit: Good news. I just did 30 minutes of running my chain saw while wearing full cuff work gloves and the Charge 2 did not give me any floors. Doing this with a Charge HR is always good for at least 40 floors. Looks like the Charge 2 is a LOT smarter.

Best Answer

Hello @gateswood.

Glad to read that you have found your Charge 2 to be much better! 

Have you visited one of our Discussion boards? We have lots of different topics in there, maybe you can find one that you'd like to be a part of.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes