Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete a day's activity from Dashboard?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a way to delete a day's activity from the dashboard?

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Good question! I’d like to know how to delete  few specific hours in the day.  I was riding in a bumpy bus and not really moving at all, but the tracker logged a lot of steps incorrectly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PBLfit  Welcome, you use a "Driving" manual activity accessible through the Exercise tile on the phone or Log it via your Activity Log on a PC..  It nullifies that activity.

@PBLfit wrote:

Good question! I’d like to know how to delete  few specific hours in the day.  I was riding in a bumpy bus and not really moving at all, but the tracker logged a lot of steps incorrectly. 

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried the Driving fix.  It does not remove the steps nor the stairs. The short answer seems to be that you can't remove steps and stairs once they are counted by the Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Denise1234567 It works for me and the example below is from my phone with a before and after screenshot.  The Dashboard also reflects the change..

Over the years I have noticed that users inadvertently use the wrong day and or use am/pm incorrectly.

In my example what you require has worked.. In your case maybe the syncing from phone and PC weren't in sync.

Screenshot_20190414-213849.png

Screenshot_20190414-214132.png

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes
I wasn’t able to figure out how to delete my steps either. This is surprising. I can do this on my iPhone Health Data app. We can’t be the only ones that have ever noticed that Fitbit tracks things as steps that we know should be counted as such.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@PBLfit Thanks for that... My example was using the Internet on my Android. So I have just performed the same driving activity on the Android and after the phone synced that also worked deleting the floor and most. of the steps and reduced the calories as before..

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PBLfit Thanks for that... My example was using the Internet on my phone So I have just performed the same driving activity on the phone and after the phone synced that also worked deleting the floor and most. of the steps and reduced the calories as before..

Best Answer
0 Votes
Here are two screenshots of my activity. Maybe you can figure out where I
went wrong. This is all for April 12, 2019. The Activity History shows I am
driving from midnight to roughly 6 PM. But the Dashboard still shows 91
floors climbed and 3 miles walked.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I use a dongle so I go directly from the Fitbit to my computer. I put my Activity as Driving from roughly 1 AM to 5 PM on April 12, 2019.  But the 91 floors and 7,000 steps won't go away on the Dashboard.

fitbit2.pngfitbit1.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Denise1234567 I can't see anything wrong there. It's definitely flattened your calories as expected..

When you click on steps on the activity log does it show those as cleared.? Also the floors. 

I ask that because the Dashboard still shows your before calories yet the activity log shows the calories after the Driving activity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Denise1234567 Success.... I can see what it is.. You have used the Activity Icon closer to the right of the screen.. That little  stopwatch next to the description tells me that... That is a copy of your actual data and when you click the very small stopwatch you will see that.  We use that to examine, "why we don't get active minutes", because the graph is in 1 minute bars..

You need to use the Activity as per my Image.. and fill in the boxes..

You will now delete all of the erroneous data and you can delete that Activity and try again if you have made an error.

Driving 2.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!  I will print out your instructions and give them a try. 😁

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went back and did it per your instructions.  I was able to remove the calories, but not the stairs or steps. And that is exactly the way I had done it the first time around, except for not removing the cals. I remember typing in Driving and then seeing Driving come up as an option.

But thank you for your efforts.

Best Answer
0 Votes