Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting messages on Fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone know how to delete messages your friends send you? Thanks! 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If you mean the short, SMS-like messages displayed in the mobile app, you can't delete them AFAIK. However, only a limited number (about 30) are kept in the history. Once that limit is reached, the oldest messages disappear, to make space for the new ones.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

How do you delete messages in your inbox? 

Best Answer

Go to your inbox and you will see little blocks before each message.  Check the ones that you wish to delete. Go to "message options" pull down and select the action you wish to choose.

Don't forget to check your sent box, too.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

If you mean the short, SMS-like messages displayed in the mobile app, you can't delete them AFAIK. However, only a limited number (about 30) are kept in the history. Once that limit is reached, the oldest messages disappear, to make space for the new ones.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate the quick reponse!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good Morning

I have a question - I Read your reply about deleting messages and I am new to Fitbit so could you please tell me what Inbox you are speaking about?

Thank You

Best Answer

I currently have 63 notifications and gaining more on my charge 2.  How do you delete them??

Best Answer
0 Votes

that doesn't work. I logged of the app and back on several times and the messages still appear. I had an online chat session with a tech at FitBit, they had me log off, and back on and reinstall my Fitbit. that didn't help either. The FitBit rep basically said, sorry don't know what to do next, it cant be fixed and ended the session. I haven't be contacted yet via email as the online chat Tech said would happen. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes ive tried deleting friends to & just keeps coming up " something went wrong "

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have 88 messages dating bsck to 2018 and can't get rid of them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Long press on a message,and you should see a delete button pop-up. Hit delete.

Repeat 

For

Each

Individual

Until the app locks up... then kill the app, restart the app, and start over, and over and over 🙄

CharlesKn | Mid-Atlantic, USA
60+, strength and cardio
Charge 5, Android, Windows

Best Answer
0 Votes