Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did Privacy settings change?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why do I now see "access denied by account settings" when I look at some people's dashboards? Others just say "steps visible to friends only." Have I been blocked?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Lulu44444. It's great to have you here. Privacy settings view has recently changed, however you should be able to see your friend's Dashboard as previously without any restriction. I would recommend logging out from the Fitbit app and logging back in.

If you are still getting the same message please be so kind to provide me with a screen shot to further investigate.

Catch you later. Smiley Very Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Lulu44444. It's great to have you here. Privacy settings view has recently changed, however you should be able to see your friend's Dashboard as previously without any restriction. I would recommend logging out from the Fitbit app and logging back in.

If you are still getting the same message please be so kind to provide me with a screen shot to further investigate.

Catch you later. Smiley Very Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer

FitBit.PNG

I am having the exact issue with my account. Here is a screenshot of the message received. There appears to be no solution attached to this forum, can you please provide us with some help in order to get this problem fixed.

Thank you.

Best Answer

Capture.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community @Machunas. Thank you for the screen shots. I've reported this issue to the engineering team and I was informed this problem is affecting some users. They are  currently working on a fix. Hopefully we get good news for you soon. Thank you for the patience in the meantime.

Keep up the super stepping. Cat Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
They are still not working. I still see this when I click on members of the
group. I was supposed to get a call this morning about a resolution but she
never called. I need to purchase more Fitbits for our employees but I don't
want to do that until this is resolved. I might have to consider using a
different tracker to administer our wellness program. [image: Inline image
1]
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Machunas! I would like to ask if you are still experiencing this issue with your Dashboard? If you are have you tried to clear cookies and cache? Also did our customer support team got in touch with you after your post? And one last question are the privacy settings of the person you are trying to view the information from set to "You", "Friends" or "Anyone"? 

I'll be around if you have any questions! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

Angela,

Just the last few days I have been experiencing a similar issue. While I am not getting the access denied post that Machunas sees on hers, I am unable to see the 30 day graph or my friends daily average on mine. I have not changed my privacy setings and that is also true for my friends. Any ideas what might possibly account for the missing statistics?

Screenshot (5).png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @-Cookymom- thanks for sharing the screenshot of your Dashboard. Have you tried to clear cookies and cache?  Do you know if your friends are able to see your information? 

Looking forward to your reply! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

AngelaFitbit,

Thank you for your response. I originally posted this as a problem here https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/Something-has-changed-No-longer-able-to-see-fri...

HelenaFitbit referred me to this post. This is what I responded to her after reading RobertoFitbit's post.

I am still unable to see the daily averages or the overall graph that displays the 30 day steps of my fiends. As I mentioned before in this dicussion, I did all that was suggested and still have no resoution.

1- I cleared my cache and cookies.

2- Installed a new version of Adobe Flash on the day the problem first occured.

3- Ensured that my friends have not all suddenly changed their privacy.

4- Read through your response to see if I have missed anything. I didn't.

I emailed fitbit support a few days ago and am still waiting for their response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm just wondering if you managed to resolve this?

I'm getting the same message when i look at my sleep pattern, it was perfectly fine yesterday and i can still view yesterdays and all previous days, just not last night.

I'd be grateful of your help 🙂

Kind regards,

Helen

Best Answer
0 Votes