Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Didn't receive order on time

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was advised by the customer services team member to raise my concerns on the forum about shipping policy.   I am extremely disappointed with the handling of my order and in particular the statements regarding shipping.  I am in UK and ordered a fitbit Alta HR and paid extra for Expedited delivery.  

The site states: 

• Orders placed by 11 a.m. GMT are dispatched the same day.  (Copied and pasted)

I needed this delivered by 3rd May as a present for my wife's birthday, and  I ordered on 29th April (a Sunday), so expected as it was not a working day that the order would be despatched on Monday 1st May as this was the next working day.   Expedited delivery states 2 working days for delivery, so delivery  should have been made today.  

Just to check the situation, I checked my order status and it stated "Order being processed", so I decided to contact customer services to check that it was actually shipped.  I spoke to the customer services representative and they stated that "shipping" is from the date that the order is processed, not from when the order is placed, and the order will be processed "sometime soon".  I explained that the site stated 2 working days and that Orders placed by 11 a.m. GMT are dispatched the same day, and said that this was clearly misleading and actually completely incorrect.  Again, I was informed that processing will happen "sometime soon" and to expect it 2 days after confirmation of shipping!  Could they be more vague?  

I strongly urge Fitbit to update the website to put the correct shipping information in place.  I also recommend people do no take the shipping statements as accurate - they are not.  

I would suggest something like:

• Orders placed will be processed "sometime soon".
  • Please note that shipping is from date that the order is processed (not from the date of the order)
  • Expedited delivery is guaranteed to be delivered in 2 business days from the date of order processing. (please note that orders will be processed "sometime soon", so you can expect delivery 2 days after this).
  • Standard delivery will be made 4 working days after "sometime soon" (some delivery areas may be up to 5 days after an arbitrary date of our choice).

This is effectively what I have been told today by the customer services representative.  

Surely the best approach would be to sort out the dispatch procedures in order to be able to meet the expectations given on the site, or do not charge people extra for "expedited delivery"?

I am now not getting the item for my wife's birthday and feel very let down.  To be fair the customer services representative did give me a small discount as a goodwill gesture, but it really doesn't help me get it on time!

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @ZeppelinZoso. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm very sorry about this situation and I'm also sorry you didn't get your order on time 😕

Now, thanks a lot for your feedback on this. We're always striving to improve the way our users interact with Fitbit and this is a very important part of it all and I'll be happy to share this with our team to be taken into consideration.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to do this and if you need anything else at all, feel free to let us know!

Ps. I'm moving your post to the Online Dashboard section for categorization purposes.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes