Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Didn't wear Fitbit to Gym, can't adjust steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I forgot to wear my Fitbit while I was walking on the treadmill during my lunch break, I went online and manually added the workout but it didn't update my steps. Just shows 'x distance walked, x calories burned, 0 steps'. Is there a way to adjust this so it adds the steps that I took during the took during that .52 mi walk?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @Ksmurphy180 , when I test this on both the web based dashboard and on the app I am not seeing this issue.  If you log an activity it will ask you the start and end time and the distance walked and should automatically calculate the steps for you and will add the steps to your exercise log.  

I would recommend having a look at this help article, which explains how to add steps, and then trying again.  

I hope this helps.  Welcome to the Community Forums.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hi, @Ksmurphy180 , when I test this on both the web based dashboard and on the app I am not seeing this issue.  If you log an activity it will ask you the start and end time and the distance walked and should automatically calculate the steps for you and will add the steps to your exercise log.  

I would recommend having a look at this help article, which explains how to add steps, and then trying again.  

I hope this helps.  Welcome to the Community Forums.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed those instructions and it still has the steps for that exercise as zero 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Ksmurphy180 , that’s very curious.  As I mentioned I tested this this morning by logging a walk I didn’t take, and it definitely added the steps as well as the distance.  Could you post a screenshot of the log so maybe we can see what’s going on?  Also you mention that you “went online” to log the activity.  Does that mean you logged on the web based platform rather than the app?

Best Answer

I logged into the web based platform because my app doesn't have an option to manually add an exercise. I have the Charge 2 if that matters.

I did just go back into my account on the web based platform and now it is showing steps. Maybe it just had to figure it out, because it was showing a big fat zero before.  Thanks for your help!! 

Best Answer

@Ksmurphy180   You can manually log an activity in the mobile app by tapping on the green + button, then Activity in the Manually log section.  There is one thing to keep in mind.  The steps and distance you get aren't added towards any badges.  Keep this in mind if you find you use this feature frequently.  You might think you are due for a badge when you're not.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

My app is up to date, and I don't have the manually add activity under the plus. 

Only weight, food, cycle, water, and sleep. Is there somewhere I could add that so I don't have to log in online to manually add those? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ksmurphy180 , which app do you use?  IOS or Android?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ksmurphy180   Do you have the Exercise tile on your Today page on your app?  I use an iPhone and if I remove that tile or don't have it as one of my metrics in my Focus section (the top part), then the option disappears in the "+" popup.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes