Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distance does not display on dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A similar question was previously posted BUT the underlying cause and solution were different.  Problem:  The fitbit dashboard does not display the distance for my walks (see pic below).

In the previous Q/A, the solution was to change the category of the activity to "walk".  However, mine was already (by default) set to walk, and it still would not display the distance.  I tried changing the cateogry to "run" and then re-changed it "walk" and nothing works - the distance won't display no matter what the activity category is.

Is there some way to change the settings so that it will display?  And when will Fitbit solve this problem that has plagued users for over 2 years (as evidenced by the history of questions on this topic)?

Screen Shot 2016-12-31 at 8.48.58 AM.png

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@CAH2, how are these exercises being recorded by the system? Are you manually logging the exercise, or letting the tracker's Smart Track automatically record it, or using the  Exercise Mode for Walk?  It makes a difference.  If manually logged, it will not include distance. For example, I recently forgot to start the Treadmill Exercise Mode before working out, and had to manually enter it afterward. As you can see from that part of the chart on the 29th, the manual entry recorded the steps, time and calories, but no distance.

Treadmill.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Thanks for the reply - the steps are recorded through my Fitbit Flex 2 automatically, not entered manually.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @CAH2! Thanks for your assistance @USAF-Larry!

@CAH2 like @USAF-Larry mentioned. if you're using SmartTrack (letting the tracker record the activity on its own) it will not show any distance in there. It will only show the total steps and time. 

Distance will only show up whenever an activity was entered through exercise mode, which not all of the trackers have. Currently, the only trackers that have exercise mode are the Charge 2, Blaze, Surge, Flex and One. 

I hope this clarifies the situation. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

One year+ on...

Is there a definite reason why the distance isn't shown for 'auto' exercise tracking? I don't want to be pressing the button to start tracking exercise every time I go for a walk — the whole point (for me) of the tracker is to let it figure out when I've been active / exercising.

Granted, I get the total distance for each day, and it's on my tracker, so I could work out a rough distance for each distinct bit of exercise, but it seems odd to me that this information wouldn't be made available.

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner.

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the matter. I will be passing it on to the team. 

Please know that we take all comments seriously and are always looking for ways to improve the Fitbit experience.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes