Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Fitbit send out "Your year in review" email to everyone?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My friend got a "your year in review" email from Fitbit even though he has not used Fitbit device or access his Fitbit account for over 8 months last year (2019. I on the other hand did not receive a similar email for year 2019 even though I receive the weekly progress emails. Do they send out the "yearly" email to inactive users?

Best Answer
0 Votes
31 REPLIES 31

@sn2019 Welcome to the Community. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

If you're using a Fitbit tracker/watch, you should receive a email with "Your year in review". You need to be active for more than 15 days and have more than 10,000 steps. This is sent on January 8. Could you confirm that you have checked your spam and trash folder? 

Keep me posted. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SilviaFitbit 

For 2019, I used a Fitbit Inspire HR for many more days than 15 (my step counts is over 5 millions for 2019). Yes, I have check my spam and trash folders. Did not find the "year in review" email. I do get my weekly progress email every Monday.

Best Answer

I have the exact same thing... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've got the same issue. Receive my weekly ones fine but not my 2019 year review. Noyhjng in spam or trash and i too had over million steps last year

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SilviaFitbit I have the same problem. I have been active for more than 15 days and have far more than 10,000 steps. I have checked my spam and trash folders.

I did receive the Year in review 2018 last year, but not yet the review for 2019.

(Broken Fitbits One, Charge 2 and 3). Using Charge 4 and Garmin fēnix 6. App vs 4.14 Samsung Galaxy A52. Android 14
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone,

We've had a few reports on this, it should have been received by now. I've passed your information on to the team. I will let you know when I hear further. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Hello @KateFitbit Didn't have one either, checked everywhere, did my steps...

Fitbit One, iPhone 7
Best Answer

Hi @KateFitbit , is there already any news?

I didn't receive a year overview 2019 yet and didn't got it for 2017 either. However I did receive 2018. Made al my steps since May 2017 and checked al my mailfolders. The weekly overview I get every week, without fail.

(Broken Fitbits One, Charge 2 and 3). Using Charge 4 and Garmin fēnix 6. App vs 4.14 Samsung Galaxy A52. Android 14
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Corr I'm following up to see if there is further information. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @KateFitbit 
Thanks for following up on this.
I don't know if the following adds anything, but I'll just report it anyway.

Because @SylviaFitbit mentioned that in order to get a year overview you had to make 10,000 steps, I checked my list of acquired badges and noticed that the Trainers badge (10,000 steps) isn't updating anymore since December 13th, although I made enough steps.

I have no idea if that has something to do with it.

Screenshot Steps A_20200121-221456.jpgScreenshot Steps B_20200121-221626.jpgScreenshot steps Trainers badge_20200121-221319.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Corr , can you check you step badge count from a browser and not from your phone? I see discrepancies between the phone app and browser for my account.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @sn2019 , I can't get through there today. I keep getting this message after clicking the "Best in  a Day" tile.

Corr_0-1579704391626.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KateFitbit any news on this yet please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone - I've reported this to our team and we are aware that some may not have received their year-end review. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact, but will not be able to resend the year in review email again at this time. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products and services. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KateFitbit  Not sure I understand the reply about "... will not be able to resend the year in review email again at this time". Are you saying Fitbit does not know where the bug(s) that caused yearly email from being sent? Fitbit has all our 2019 data, how hard is to fix the bug(s) and generate the report? Even if you send duplicate to people that have received it, what harm will that do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sn2019  At this time we won't be able to resend emails. For assistance on how to export any data you would like, see this help article

Best Answer

@KateFitbit wrote:

@sn2019  At this time we won't be able to resend emails. For assistance on how to export any data you would like, see this help article

Thank you for the suggestion. If I read it correctly, you are saying a regular user should do something that Fitbit not able or not willing to do even though Fitbit has all the data.It gives a lot of confidence about Fitbit products.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since 2020 is coming to the end, I wonder if the computer experts at Fitbit improve their code so everyone will get their "your year in review" email in Jan 2021. I still wonder why FB can't rerun the script so every member gets their "year in review" stats.

Best Answer

So has anyone already received a year overview?

Fitbit One, iPhone 7
Best Answer
0 Votes