Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Dashboard view refresh automatically?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm new to Fitbit and have been using the Dashboard for a couple of days. In my web browser (Firefox) the Fitbit Dashboard information does not automatically refresh after an automatic sync. I have to switch to another view (like Logs) then click back to the Dashboard to see the updates. Is this how it is supposed to work?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @jollystomper,

Welcome to the community!

The two Fitbit entities (the website and the Fitbit Connect software) don't actually talk to each other, which means that the website doesn't automatically refresh when you sync nor can you tell the dashboard to "Sync Now".

That said, instead of switching between the two pages, why not just press refresh on the browser (F5 key on your keyboard)?

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @jollystomper,

Welcome to the community!

The two Fitbit entities (the website and the Fitbit Connect software) don't actually talk to each other, which means that the website doesn't automatically refresh when you sync nor can you tell the dashboard to "Sync Now".

That said, instead of switching between the two pages, why not just press refresh on the browser (F5 key on your keyboard)?

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks very much for the info!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PureEvil, I'm not sure if that statement about the website (Dashboard) and software not talking/communicating is entirely true.  While the view on the dashboard doesn't refresh on its own (meaning that it is not a true, live dynamic view), I found that the USB dongle does seem to sync (on its own) in roughly 15-30 min intervals (if you are in range).  I've actually found this out by chance, as I do not keep bluetooth enabled on my phone (to conserve power), but have often left the dongle plugged into my work laptop.

Whenever I refresh the webpage (manually either via F5 or the refresh button), the last sync timestamp is a lot more recent than the last time I manually synced either with my phone or using the desktop app.

It seems to operate similar to the "all day sync" option found in the mobile app, but an actual ("togglable") option is not visible/present in the desktop app.

time-stamp.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarkRMonaco,

Well, it's really a matter of what you mean by "talking to each other"...  From my understanding:

• The Fitbit dashboard merely reflects status from the Fitbit servers, which not only includes stats, but also last time synced.
  • The Fitbit Connect software collects information from your Fitbit tracker and pushes it to the Fitbit servers.

What I meant by their not "talking to each other" is that they don't communicate directly to each other within the computer.  In other words, the data has to make it out from Fitbit Connect to the Fitbit servers before it will be reflected on your dashboard.  The dashboard is (blissfully?) unaware if the data is being pushed from that very computer, another computer, or a mobile device.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes