Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download all heart rate data

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi.

With GDPR coming; when will I have access to *all* my data?

So every recording made by the device, as stored on fitbit.com . Sort of as https://www.fitbit.com/export/user/data says; 

Export your data

Your data belongs to you!

Download your Fitbit data as an XLS file (Microsoft Excel) or CSV, which can be opened by many paid, free or shareware applications.

but so far, it's 'some data belongs to me, the main part is kept a secret'.

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @jodijk,

I appreciate your post. There used to be an application that someone outside Fitbit developed that did give raw downloads of the data. Interestingly, I found it to be way too much data to be useful. Just the amount of heart rate data was staggering.

That application was abandoned, but maybe someone else has taken up the task? I don't know.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.

Thanks.

So far, I've found 2 external applications. Neither of them seems to be reliable downloading the data in a feasable way. But that's not important.

25 may is important. GDPR says I have the right to obtain my data, in an electronic, transportable format, and the data controller (in this case, Fitbit) is responsible for providing that. I would expect Fitbit to be GDPR compliant. Maybe not on May 25th, but in that case I would certainly expect an announcement date.

Btw; data is in the 300-400kb range per day, when using an external utility. That's fast extractable by the Perl script I have.

Jos

Best Answer

@jodijkI can download the data from a 3rd party, and there is typical797 kb/day  and there are 34,000 plot points..  I can only plot segments because there is too much data.. This is from the Squash League and a small donation helps..you login with your Fitbit login..

https://www.squashleagues.org

Here is a sample of 1 minute.. typical 23 plot points per minute and it's still not fine enough to pickup my missing heart beat..

I miss a beat and it does a couple of catch ups.. All checked by cardiologist, I was born with it , a "1st degree heart block", and they just have a smiling comment about, "do you notice the heart does a couple of catches up when it misses ?"..... Because my RHR is 52, and my HR can get down to 44 while asleep, I have tried to check the time when I notice it while lying on my left side.. No luck yet, it's just an exercise to see what Fitbit detects..

Here is a one minute sample and I can only plot on Excel, 32,000 plot points.. Comparing my sleeping yesterday which is 12,000 plot points.. Image below

We can also break out segments because Fitbit now give is 23-24 plot points/minute.. Last year it was only about 10..  The 2 minute segment has all of the points there.. The Ionic sleep graph is not colour coded correctly because my Fat burn kicks in at 71bpm.. It should only show on the two bathroom break peaks.I have reported it..

3/05/2018 3:3154
3/05/2018 3:3154
3/05/2018 3:3153
3/05/2018 3:3153
3/05/2018 3:3152
3/05/2018 3:3151
3/05/2018 3:3151
3/05/2018 3:3150
3/05/2018 3:3149

external hr 3may18.jpg

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Hi there, I’m Neil, the developer  of the heart rate data exporter application Pulse Watch https://iccir919.github.io/pulseWatch/public/index.html . No sign up required, just sign into Fitbit!

I hadn’t considered the need of more than just heart rate exporting, but maybe in the future I can make more types of data available!

Cheers!

Pulse Watch, export your Fitbit heart rate data
https://iccir919.github.io/pulseWatch/public/index.html
Best Answer

Hi.

Thanks for the notification. I had a quick look at it. When exporting a range of dates, several fields have a fixed value throughout the range. I would not expect that.

Collin's export at https://github.com/CollinChaffin/psFitb1t does download the complete heartrate data.I've written a Perl script that stats that data on several intervals, so I am good to go.

Jos

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jodijk I have made changes to the format of the interday heart rate data export based off your feedback. The old format of the .csv file may have had too much information causing you some confusion. The fixed values you were seeing were the max and min values of each heart rate zone. The new format of the .csv file only returns the date and the resting heart rate calculation for that day. 

I am thinking about maybe in the future adding a table to both the interday and intraday pages that displays the information regarding each heart rate zone (min HR, max HR, number of minutes in zone, and the number of calories burned) for each day.

I hope these changes improve your experience with Pulse Watch, though if you are writing Perl scripts to get your data, then Pulse Watch probably isn't necessary for youSmiley Wink

Pulse Watch, export your Fitbit heart rate data
https://iccir919.github.io/pulseWatch/public/index.html
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Neil,

We're considering using fitbit for research purposes, and are primarily interested in heart rate . We've purchased one fitbit for testing, and have begun using your application to dowload heart rate data. The application works great and is very easy to use. Thank you.

We've noticed that when we use the "intraday" option, the data we get consists of average heart rates per minute. Is there any way we can access the "raw" heart rate data which is used to calculate these averages?

Thanks,

Michael

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HaifaU.  Refer my earlier post.. Squash League gives you the daily data

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your response Colin.

We'll try it out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @iccir919 Neil for your application. I think that it is very good for getting access to my Fitbit heart rate information.

Cheers, Tony

Best Answer
0 Votes