Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing auto-recognized activty does not take affect

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was mowing my lawn and found out my Blaze tracker auto-recognized it as Outdoor bike activity.  I tried to use the Android app and fitbit.com dashboard to change the activity type to Mowing Lawn.  It finds the activity, but when I click Update, no changes take place.  I tried changing to Stroll, also to no avail.

I had some other auto-recognized activities that I can change (such as Walk to StairClimber), but this one instance, it does not change.  Is there a reason why?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @phatbitzr.

It is possible that it could be related to the Dashboard not loading up correctly. I would recommend that you try to log out from both ends (app and web Dashboard) and then log back in and try to change it again. That would restart the connection between the Fitbit and the servers and should then let you change the activity to Mowing Lawn.

Alternatively, you could delete the activity and then manually log another one that has the same duration but is the correct type of activity. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @phatbitzr.

It is possible that it could be related to the Dashboard not loading up correctly. I would recommend that you try to log out from both ends (app and web Dashboard) and then log back in and try to change it again. That would restart the connection between the Fitbit and the servers and should then let you change the activity to Mowing Lawn.

Alternatively, you could delete the activity and then manually log another one that has the same duration but is the correct type of activity. 

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just deleted the old activity and manually added Mowing Lawn.   The only thing is that it calculated the calorie expenditure based on the activity type, not my heartrate.  For this activity, that is not a big deal, but I just don't want it to occur on a real activity.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @phatbitzr.

Thanks for letting me know what you tried.

I definitely understand your concern. It shouldn't be happening again, I don't really see a reason for this happening. Having said that, if it did, be sure to reach back to me so that we can look into it and find out what could be happening. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've experienced the same problem. In my experience the edit function does not work from a computer. It does work from the Android app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is 2023 and the editing an activity still does not work. This is my first week owning a Charge 5, and I am already regretting it.  My mowing the lawn recorded over 20,000 steps.  Because the auto generated activity defined it as Outdoor Bike, it did NOT record ONE step.  Time to find a device that works or at least gets updated for problems made known at FOUR years ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes