Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing nutritional values on logged foods

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I added new foods from the graze snack line as foods I'd eaten.  At the time, I only knew the calorie count of the food.  Not I have the whole nutrional values for the snacks.  

How do I edit the saved foods so that i keeps track of all nutritional values?  All it will let me do is edit the serving amount.  And if I try to redo the food it says I have a food stroed with that name already.

If I can't edit a saved food then how do I delete it so I can input with the correct information.

Donna

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

It's nice to see you around more often @BearsBairn! Hope you're doing great! Cat WinkTo edit a food I'd suggest you do it through your online Dashboard by doing the following:

1. Go to your Dashboard.

2. Select the "Log" tile.

3. Go to the "Logged Foods" section and select the food you want to edit, then add it as a favorite.

4. After this, click on the food you select as Favorite and select "Customize this food."

5. There you'll be able to change all the information, after this please select "Save."

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome! Woman Wink

Meylin | Community Moderator

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do." What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I could not find "customize food" any where after I logged it as eaten??? I have "costomized food" before but the "Costomize food" dosen'tshow up now!! Please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @D.M., welcome aboard to our Community. Note that if you want to edit regular food is only possible to edit the serving size. This apply also for eaten food and will be require to delete the food entry and log a new one.

Now for your Custom Food is possible and if you need the steps to add more nutrient or modify your meals please take a look at this other post. I'm sure this will provide all the necessary help.

Let me know if you have questions and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. This does not work!
  2.  How do I edit a customized food I’ve entered?
  3.  I’ve entered it twice and the calorie count changes ( to what I’ve entered for calories from fat)  on its own. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all i figured this one out. So this is something that cannot be done on the app. the app is a version of the software that is made for mobile devices and therefore does not have all the capability the website does. 

so this can be done, but you need to log in to the website fitbit.com on your laptop.  if you do this on a table or phone it does not give you the option to switch to full site and prompts you to just download the app, so again it literally has to be done on a computer or laptop.

1. go to fitbit.com and get yourself logged in. 

2. at the top of the page there is a "Log" option click this.

3. then to the right there is a section that should have a window that says favorites. under this section there is a link that says "edit my foods"

4.once you click that it lands you right on the page where you can edit the nutritional information. just click edit over to the right of the food item.

have a great day and stay safe out there. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey i explain a little more above in my reply but here is the solution for you. 

1. go to fitbit.com and get yourself logged in. (must be done on a laptop or computer not a phone or tablet)

2. at the top of the page there is a "Log" option click this.

3. then to the right there is a section that should have a window that says favorites. under this section there is a link that says "edit my foods"

4.once you click that it lands you right on the page where you can edit the nutritional information. just click edit over to the right of the food item.

Best Answer