Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elliptical Calorie Burn low

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Charge 2, and this morning I was on the elliptical machine for 20 minutes.

I manually started and stopped the recording by pressing the button on my Charge 2.

Here are the results:

Activity History

Date Activity Steps Distance Duration Calories  
Today, 12:22 pmWalk Edit1,366N/A14:3189 cals 
Today, 11:56 amElliptical790.05 kilometers20:2789 cals 
Today, 11:07 amWeights787N/A45:19144 cals 
Today, 10:52 amWalk Edit1,374N/A11:5688 cals 

I don't understand how 20 minutes of elliptical (where I was huffing and puffing hard!) burns the

same calories as a casual 12 minute walk.

Something must be wrong with the calorie burn calculation when I am on the elliptical machine.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, @JonideCai! How does your heart rate look while you were on the elliptical? My guess is that that is the most likely culprit. You're not swinging your arms while you exercise, from what I see from your table, so the tracker is purely relying on your heart rate to estimate your calories.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer

Mark-  thanks for the response.

I did not look at my heart rate while doing the exercise, but afterward

on the dashboard it says my average heartbeat was 82, which I think is a little bit lower

than it should have been considering the level of effort I was expending.

I was not moving my arms, as you suspected.  Why should this make any difference?

Best Answer

There are two things that factor into your activity, steps (registered by your arm moving) and heart rate. If you're not seeing an increase in either, you're not seeing any activity. I would suggest going ahead and restarting your tracker a few times in a row and seeing if that helps. Unfortunately, there's not really anything you can do about already existing data, except to overwrite them.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer