Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 403 when attempting to setup

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When trying to setup my charge 2 , I constantly get 403 error . 

Any idea how I could fix this , tried reinstalling the app several times with no luck

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @SunsetRunner and welcome to the Community.  You posted your question on the web dashboard page.  A 403 error is a web error.  Are you trying to set up your Charge 2 on a computer?  Fitbit deactivated PC/Mac set up and sync months ago.  You can only set up your Charge 2 on a compatible Android or Apple device. 

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey dear, wouldn't be nice fixing that hilari😂us er 403 installing a vMachine then boot a (apple 🍎/Android 🤖).iso authorize the VM to deal with Bluetooth & voila món âmi

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner, and welcome to the community forums. Thanks @LZeeW @Knavë, for the recommendations and help. 

I was trying to see if, by any chance, someone else had reported this same issue before. I found this thread from a girl who said the issue got resolved after checking the OS version her device is running. Remember that it is a requirement of the Fitbit app to have a specific OS version depending on your platform. For Android, it will be 9 or higher, and for iOS, it will be 15 or higher.

If you're missing any OS updates, please try installing them and then doing the set-up again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes