Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error displaying activity

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am unable to view certain activities from my past. For example this one:

https://www.fitbit.com/activities/exercise/2129678220

I get a loading animation for a few seconds and then it just shows "Error." between the header and the footer, that's it. Refreshing the page does not seem to help.

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

Thanks for joining the Forums @coturnix!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! Our team is aware of this situation and they are working on a solution or workaround for it. Whenever we do have any news on the situation we will be sure to let all of you know! 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I have the same problem as @coturnix, with an all-day walking activity.

Is there any progress on this bug since October of last year?

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @s0lstice

Thanks for bringing this up and letting us know that you are experiencing this situation.

There haven't been any updates on the matter but I'll be sharing this with the team and trying to get some news. Whenever we have something to share we'll be sure to post about it.

If there are any further questions, feel free to reach out.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here. Seems most likely to affect my most interesting (longest) activities, for example:

https://www.fitbit.com/activities/exercise/14126263327 (10h37m)

https://www.fitbit.com/activities/exercise/14473640079 (7h07m)

Perhaps there's a back-end rendering process that has a size limit, or timeout, that's being hit? 

Even if the Fitbit.com Dashboard is permanently broken for these exercises, I'd really appreciate the ability to export the TCX files to elsewhere. These activities (submitting mountains!) were significant for me and I thought Fitbit would be a good way to log them.

Best Answer
Best Answer

Hello @gojomo. Welcome to the Forums @drcrooke.

Thanks for sharing those activities. I'll be sharing this information with the team.

Whenever there are any updates we'll be posting about them and letting everyone know.

Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sure we are all grateful that you will be sharing this information. What we would like to know is when your team proposes to fix this bug, which was first reported 8 months ago. We bought a product. It does not work, and most annoyingly, it does not work with the most significant activities, i.e. the long-lasting ones.

Best Answer

Hello @s0lstice.

I understand that this can be very frustrating and see where you are coming from. 

If I had more information to share with all of you, I would share it as soon as I got it. At this time, I do not have any news on the matter however. I will continue to try and get updates so that I can keep you all informed on this.

Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just did a 50-mile walk yesterday.  I would like to get the data out!  It displays fine on my iPhone app, but I don't know of any way to get the data out of the app.If the activities detail page is broken for long exercise, please provide an alternate way to access the data.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

This problem also affects my profile. I asume the upload of the activity (15hours, 82km and 4000hm) failed. The app on the phone does not display the graph with the km and time information. Only the summary screen.

A log in to the dashboard and the try to open the activity in the web browser brings up the empty page and the message "error"

https://www.fitbit.com/activities/exercise/14775819396

Hope there is a way to reanimate this activity.

Kusli

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @mathrec and @kusli.

@mathrec Could you share some screen shots of the activity on the app and how it shows up on the web Dashboard? I'd like to take a closer look at the situation.

@kusli In this case I'd also like to ask for a screen shot of the error. Having a visual on the situation should let me find the best way forward.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer

Dashboard in WebbrowserDashboard in WebbrowserView in activity on iPhone appView in activity on iPhone appView in activity on iPhone appView in activity on iPhone appView on the summaryscreen on iPhone appView on the summaryscreen on iPhone app

View of the dashboard in WebbrowserView of the dashboard in Webbrowser

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LanuzaFitbit I uploaded some pictures of the situation. You can see that the diagram with the lines per km are missing in the activity on the phone.

The dashboard does not show anything than "error" (Fehler)

So I hope it helps. Kusli

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @kusli.

Thanks for sharing those pictures in here.

I will be letting the rest of the team know about this and passing the pictures on. Whenever we have any updates on the situation we'll be sure to let everyone know about it. 

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Best Answer

The first time I do a serious walk (up the highest mountain in England) and want the FitBit info for offical record it displays an error message - why is it nearly a year and this problemn has not been fixed.?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Tim_B0.

Thanks for bringing this up. Unfortunately there haven't been any updates on the matter.

If you have a mobile phone, you could try to use that to access the activity and it should show up in there. Do you have access to a phone that you could use?

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer

Hi @LanuzaFitbit,

another 7 months have passed (and it's almost 1.5 years since my original post) and the problem is still not fixed. The error message looks a little different now, but the issue is still there. 

Accessing the activity from a phone does not work either, it actually does not even load activities at all that are older than a certain age (essentially it just hangs loading).

What can be done for a developer to actually look at this issue? 

Best Answer

Hi @LanuzaFitbit,

if it helps at all to get some traction on this issue: From what I can tell, the problem is the Cloudflare timeout setting for the Fitbit API Server. If I query

https://web-api.fitbit.com/1.1/user/-/activities/2129678220.json

directly, I do get a fairly meaningful error message. It looks like the timeout in the Cloudflare configuration is set to 10 seconds. However, processing long activities of 7+ hours just takes more than 10 seconds on the API server, hence the error message. I recommend adapting the timeout setting.

Kind regards,

Tilman

Best Answer
Thank you Tilman.

So two things remain for Fitbit to do:
i) FIX THE PROBLEM, by implementing the change Tilman has detailed above,
ii) Offer Tilman his/her choice of product for doing their debugging for
them.

Regards,
S0lstice
Best Answer