Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise and hourly steps on Dashboard not showing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I like the Exercise and Hourly Steps on my dashboard. I need the accountability and like seeing I have done what I set out to do. I would like to know on the Charge 2, why sometimes my exercise for the day is not recorded on the Exercise page. I have noticed this several times. I have walked my goal every day this week, but did not record yesterday and was over the time I gave myself. Any thoughts why this happens?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the Community @boernerj. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

I would like you to confirm that your hourly activity goals have been properly set. If they are and your Charge 2 is properly syncing to your account, please provide me with a screenshot of the data you're getting. 

Regarding the exercise that's not syncing, please let me know if you're using SmartTrack or you're starting the activity directly on your Charge 2. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Syncing from Charge 2. Same activity all week as far as my daily walk. Did not show up on Wed. I push a stroller but did that on Thursday also.

fitbit image.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @boernerj. I appreciate the screenshot shared. 

SmartTrack recognizes activities based on the continuous movement of your arms. Sometimes, motions such as placing your arms on the bar of a treadmill, or pushing a stroller while you walk, may interrupt SmartTrack. Additionally, stopping in the middle of an exercise may interrupt the activity tracking.

By default, SmartTrack recognizes an exercise that lasts at least 15 minutes. If your activities aren't being recognized, lowering the time auto-exercise recognition setting to 10 minutes may help ensure they record properly.

Could you confirm if you're seeing the hourly activity tile correctly?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wear my Fitbit on my ankle for that reason. I just walked 35 minutes without pushing a stroller and did not recognize exercise. I have it set for 15 min. I am removing from dashboard because not knowing drives me crazier than actually seeing it😁

2922E7B2-1D89-4A2B-AF6F-C9405A94E6A5.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @boernerj. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

I would recommend to use your Fitbit tracker on your wrist, this might be the reason why it's not recognizing your exercises. 

As an alternative option, you can use exercise mode on your tracker or the MobileRun feature of the Fitbit app to ensure all your activities are recorded. 

Best Answer
0 Votes